Thread: Background music disappearing while emulating Wii games (Dolphin 4.0.2)

Thanks

Default Background music disappearing while emulating Wii games (Dolphin 4.0.2)

This is a particularly odd case, and I just can't come up with a solution. While playing Super Mario Galaxy 2, the background music will go completely silent after about five minutes. It doesn't matter where I am, on the "ship", or in any of the worlds, the music will vanish. This is weird because all other sounds in the game will continue to function perfectly. Still, it's a huge problem, because the music is such a big and wonderful part of Nintendo games. I've tried various different ISOs of the game and have tried tweaking different audio settings, but the music never ceases to just stop after about five or six minutes of gameplay. I'm completely stumped. Any suggestions?

PS: SMG2 is the only Wii game I've played on Dolphin. All my GameCube ISOs work 100% perfectly. So, I guess it could be a problem with all Wii games, rather than just SMG2.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not sure why this is happening in your version, but this was a known issue with older versions, but also not sure where 4.0.2 fits in either

Music Stopping
    Music stops after a few minutes when not using the LLE plug-in. A patch discussed on the forums extends play for longer, but doesn't fully correct the issue. Fixed by 4.0-1300
    Quote is from the Dolphin Wiki at https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...r_Mario_Galaxy

EDIT 4.0.2 is actually older than 4.0-1300

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/master/63/ has 4.0-1300 and up over
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-December-2014 at 05:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for the heads-up, Zorlon. I picked up the 4.0-1304 build and it works like a charm. Thanks again!

EDIT: For some reason I tried quoting your post, but I just ended up quoting my own post... oh well.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Happy to help, no idea why the quote thing failed, hitting Reply With Quote normally works fine, it will even show the quote inside of Quote tags before you enter your own message, but if you used the tick box on the end use the Reply to Thread option instead of the Quick Reply text box

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR