Thread: What's your emulator of choice for [insert system here]?

Thanks

Default What's your emulator of choice for [insert system here]?

First of all, hello, I'm new to the forums. I am NOT, however, new to emulation.

Second of all, if this is in the wrong section, then feel free to move it.

Now then... just list off your preferred emulators for any console.

Here's mine:
    Game Boy/Game Boy Color: Gambatte
    Game Boy Advance: Mednafen
    NES: Mednafen
    SNES: Mednafen
    Nintendo DS: DeSmuME
    Nintendo 64: Project 64
    GameCube/Wii Dolphin
    Virtual Boy: Mednafen
    SMS/Game Gear: Mednafen
    Sega Genesis: Kega Fusion
    Sega C Kega Fusion
    Sega 32X: Kega Fusion
    TurboGrafx-16: Mednafen
    DOS: DOSBox
    Neo Geo Pocket Color: Mednafen (The only reason I have an emulator for this is Sonic Pocket Adventure.)

Thanks
    EP Points

I've moved the thread for you to the emulation section of the forum.

In answer to this I'm not sure since I haven't dabbled in emulation for a while. I would like to try out one of those gamebases that are out there.

Thanks
    EP Points

I use Retroarch for pretty much everything except Mame. The shaders are brilliant and it's nice being able to navigate all the menus with a gamepad. Makes connecting my PC to the TV so much easier.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I use my Xbox using XBMC and individual emulators for most of my emulator needs (using a PS2 controller though via a simple converter), that is any system I don't actually own with only a few I own as well like GBA anyway that is mostly older systems like Megadrive ect though, so not much in the way of 3D consoles emulated there, but I have most of those anyway and still use them.

Mega CD-32X/Sega CD-32X Kega Fusion is still the only option though, but would take a step back from the latest release and drop back to the previous one, unless they fixed the bug that stopped a couple of Sega CD games from working

I do have a PC setup though connected to my TV just can't be bothered to get that fully setup yet, so for now it's just a media PC, that is along with most of the consoles I own all hooked up or ready to be hooked up in a nice cabinet that that was originally a computer desk with doors on the front so looks like a cupboard with the doors closed with a nice large HDTV on top.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-December-2014 at 08:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR