Thread: Hello, I am new and need help (premium account)

Thanks

Default Hello, I am new and need help (premium account)

Hello
    I have had an account here for a while but never actually used it. Hello everyone, I a sure everyone one is here for the same reason , that is I assume the best games out their are mostly retro games. With that being said I look forward to talking to everyone here, I took my time to read the rules. I purchased a EP premium account. I currently am playing psp games right now with my custom firmware psp 1000 and custom firmware 3000 ( although I prefer the 1000 over the 3000). Now back to my issue. I went to the psp by number download section and am downloading games. For some reason my downloads are taking between an hour to two hours to download. Can somebody help me. Also if I am posting in the wrong section , please tell me as I looked for a section with help, but was not able to locate a section.
    HTank you anybody that replies to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

So this is a premium issue? If so I'll edit the title and move the thread to where it belongs

Are you using the link provided to you for premium access?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Not sure what link your talking about, can you please be more specific?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

You should have got an email that contained a special link you use for premium access.

I use premium and it only works if you use the special link, if you don't use it you are just downloading as a regular registered user.

Anyway, now that I have moved the thread and edited the title MasJ should see this

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I will get back to you this weekend in about 4 to 5 days. I have other problems with my laptop. I am going to do a complete reinstall of windows ( 80 percent of my ram is used 60 percent of my cpu is used) and I found the link to premium on my gmail account. IT is not working still. Do not worry for now, I will let you know in the next 4 to 5 days if this is still a problem. Thank you for the help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by havefun876 View Post
    I am going to do a complete reinstall of windows ( 80 percent of my ram is used 60 percent of my cpu is used)
    Doubt you'll see this before you've already reformatted, but for future reference when that happens it's almost always due to extra programs/malware running in the background. Easiest way to check is by going to your start menu, typing msconfig into the search box and hitting enter, clicking the Startup tab and unchecking anything you don't recognize (normally you can actually disable everything here without messing up Windows' functionality). Also check the Services tab, clicking "Hide microsoft services" to show non-essential, extra services, and disabling those as well.

Along with that running a scan with something like Malwarebytes (download link here) can help too. Sort of time consuming overall but better than doing a full reinstall if you can avoid it, especially if you have a lot of programs & tweaks installed you don't feel like having to redo.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

hello, I am back

I did a complete reinstall of windows and uninstalled useless programs and also got the bare minimum programs that I use. My computer is now flying . The problem is still ongoing. As I said I purchased a premium account. I am downloading psp games and is going super slow (60 KB/sec) or I would say most of the time about 1 hour through the download stops. The download usually does work if I just download one game at a time, but it still goes super slow. IF somebody could get back to me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for the help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Download one at a time. Downloading two files simultaneously will greatly lower your download speed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi

Thanks for signing up for premium. Where are you located and what is your internet connection like?

Sometimes you need to try changing between the US and EU servers to see which gives you better speeds. There is an option under "Edit Download Settings". You just have to set it once if you find that one gives you better speeds over another. Also, switching to FTP is a good idea although that will let you get only one download at a time..