Thread: Old Save Data doesn't load on Ace3DS

Thanks

Default Old Save Data doesn't load on Ace3DS

Hi,

I recently purchased an old DSi XL to play my Acekard2 on a bigger screen. Unfortunately I didn't notice that the AK doesn't get updates anymore and that it doesn't work with 1.4.5. so I went online and looked for a cheap alternative and found the Ace3DS. So I set it up with the latest AOS firmware and copied all my games and saves and it works. Only problem is I can't access my old savegames from the Acekard!
    I tried this:
    *DSSaveTools tutorial link removed*

but it didn't work. maybe I did sthg wrong.

Can someone please help me?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 25th-November-2014 at 17:07. Reason: online shop link removed

Thanks
    EP Points

My guess is that it's a filename issue. I use an R4i Gold 3DS and by default it names its saves like "nameofgame.nds.sav", meaning if I try using save formatted more like say "nameofgame.sav" my roms won't see them. So assuming the new one doesn't use an entirely different save format, what you can try is just playing any game you don't already have a save for, save in-game, then check out how it formats the filename on the newly created save and see if it differs from the formatting on your old saves.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you very much! Did the job! Unfortunately I just now found out that the L-Button doesn't work. :/ should've just waited and bought a new 3DS....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I realise this may sound stupid but try blowing really hard into the area around the button, sometimes crap can get in there. Consoles that kids use get dust and little crap in there all the time and this simple method might get it working again. I don't know how many times I've done this and it works although it was only once with a DSi iirc
    If it doesn't work you could try pulling it apart carefully (read up on disassembly before attempting it though) and doing some cleaning, but if it still doesn't work the console is worth nearly nothing so I don't think it's worth repairing if it's actually a button failure.

Spoiler warning: