Thread: (11-20-2014) Xbox, Xbox 360 ftp issue

Thanks

Default (11-20-2014) Xbox, Xbox 360 ftp issue

Hello Forum

I recently had a malware issue and had to do a clean re-install of Windows to get rid of. I never had an issue with FTP before this. I have re0installed drivers and service packs to there latest updates.
    Using Filezilla and also tried Flashfxp but get same result. I can make a connection into both Xbox and 360 via ftp from laptop direct to consoles using crossover cable. Once I begin to transfer file it begins but a few seconds into transferring I get message Data Socket Error(10054) and could not write to transfer socket Econnreset- connection reset by peer, making the files I wanted transferred fail? Anyone here know or heard of this before? There must be a setting somewhere that needs changed but I've yet to find. Thanks for suggestions

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What are you current settings for Xbox/360 (I presume you just have the same for both), PC and Filezilla

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for responding. Strange thing I found is that I can transfer video file(Walking Dead)(425mb) to xbox but not game type files? I tried using thumbdrive transfer for 360 and it worked that way just can't ftp file transfer halfway?
    Settings Filezilla are passive and 1 connection transfer and reconnect after 100 seconds of inactivity.
    Pc settings through network,properties,tcp:ip addy:192.168.0.4 xbox ip addy:192.168.0.3(360) 192.168.0.2
    subnet:255.255.255.0 subnet:255.255.255.0
    def:192.168.0.3 gateway:192.168.0.3
    dns:192.168.0.4 dns:192.168.0.4
    alt:192.168.0.5 alt:192.168.0.5
    I use the preprogrammed site manager to just hit connect and immediately I'm connected and can access folders depending on which machine I'm connected.
    In firewall I ticked to allow Filezilla file sharing. I've even tried turning firewall completely off but still get file transfer errors halfway thru transferring over.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

for games on your original xbox I would say go for installing avalaunch as an app on the xbox (it's a dash but I use XBMC as my dash so avalaunch is installed as an app/program and only ran when I want to FTP games) then using Qwix FTP games it's a lot more reliable than Filezilla for that and faster as an extra bonus (much faster)

Your settings look fine though, though there is really no need to have separate settings per console both can have the same setup as you don't use both at the same time or ftp to both at the same time, but that is up to you anyway and I presume nothing was changed on those anyway before or after the issues.

As for the preprogramed site manager, not sure about that as I have never had nore needed to use one.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Weird I tried an older version of Filezilla #3.7.1 and can now ftp files w/out error on both 360 and Xbox.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by shadman19 View Post
    Weird I tried an older version of Filezilla #3.7.1 and can now ftp files w/out error on both 360 and Xbox.
    Glad you got that working, it is not that unusual that an older version works better for some things

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]