Thread: GATEWAY 3DS SUPPORT 9.0 – 9.2 NEW 3DS SUPPORT ADDED

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Default GATEWAY 3DS SUPPORT 9.0 – 9.2 NEW 3DS SUPPORT ADDED

As some of you might know, there are a few new 3DS flash carts that can work on the latest FW, SKY3DS being one but is limited to only 10 games per flash cart. Then the bombshell that Gateway are about to release an update to support 9x systems.

SUPPORT FOR FIRMWARE 9.0 – 9.2 COMING
    Posted on November 14, 2014

We recently reached a major milestone and now we are happy to announce that we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!
    Yes, this includes 2DS and New 3DS!

Yes, you heard us right! If you have a 3DS, or a 2DS or a New 3DS system that is running System Firmware 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 then you WILL be able to use it with Gateway 3DS!

We recommend the following to our interested users:
    - If you are on native System Firmare 4.5, then please stay at this version.
    - If you are on native System Firmware 5.0 or higher, then please update to 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 and stay on this version. Do not update beyond this version.

But we also need help from YOU our loyal users!
    We need you to get the word out to your community, friends and family that they must not update their 3DS beyond the version we recommended above!
    We cannot guarantee that our solution will keep working with future updates above 9.2.0-20!
    Source:
    http://www.gateway-3ds.com/support-f...-0-9-2-coming/

EDIT:

As of today, 11th March, New 3DS support has been added.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...33#post1796333
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 11th-March-2015 at 23:11.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is definitely good news!

I'll have to get myself a cheap 3DS so I can play some of those Japanese exclusives they refuse to translate.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I've yet to order a Gateway, and I bought a brand new 4.5 system for it a few months ago. Ah well, the system was still cheap and such, it'd just be nicer to get a limited edition like the NES 3DS.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

About time , no idea what firmware I am on though

When this happens I would be very tempted to actually buy one as my 3DS hardy gets used now by me at least (My girlfriend collects the coins on it and plays the quest things and collects puzzle peices, on her 3DS and my 3DS), partly because the games cost to much to buy and don't drop down in price that much and partly because I have so many consoles to start with I don't know what I want to play anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I've just checked mine and it's on 7.2 Not that I'm planning to get a flash cart for now. As Zorlon said, I have a lot to play yet.

EDIT: are you going to update your 3DS, Zorlon? I don't think our SC DSTwo have been updated lately..
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 15th-November-2014 at 18:52.

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    About time , no idea what firmware I am on though

When this happens I would be very tempted to actually buy one as my 3DS hardy gets used now by me at least (My girlfriend collects the coins on it and plays the quest things and collects puzzle peices, on her 3DS and my 3DS), partly because the games cost to much to buy and don't drop down in price that much and partly because I have so many consoles to start with I don't know what I want to play anyway
    There is discussion about the actual limits or lack of on a 9x system. It's not known if it will have the same features as a 4x system with emuNAND, multi-rom, CIA and custom theme support, or if it will be a quick fix for Nintendo on the next FW update. I'd wait and see if you don't already have a 3DS on 4x FW.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well only time will tell then, just have to wait and see what they come up with.

Emu Nand will not be an issue unless there is a Nintendo update for the 3DS past what it's on at the moment, this will almost certainly happen
    Multi Rom would be a shame to be lost
    Custom Themes, not a real issue

P.S. love they way they think of the 2DS as being a different system (Nintendo are no different) , it's just a lamer 3DS, just turn off the 3D if it's not something you like, only really have that on for first viewing of a game then turn it off to save my eyes.

Give me the Virtual Boy with a 3DS inside it then the 3D will be very cool instead of having to get it at that perfect angle for it to work

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    I've just checked mine and it's on 7.2 Not that I'm planning to get a flash cart for now. As Zorlon said, I have a lot to play yet.

EDIT: are you going to update your 3DS, Zorlon? I don't think our SC DSTwo have been updated lately..
    Forum reports the DStwo as still working with 9.2.0-20E (according to there forum feedback from users), that is good enough for me to update without fear of blocking my kit

Nothing has been blocked for a while, just make sure you are using the latest firmware with it first 1.25, but I'm sure nothing has been updated firmware wise on the DSTwo since the last fix for 7.0.0-13 so it's not needed any fixes since 7 to be able to work with newer 3DS firmware versions from 7 up over

I'm sure that may well change though for the Gateway update, that may well get blocked almost as soon as they release the fix for version 9 of the firmware, but DS flash carts seem to get mostly ignored by Nintendo now
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-November-2014 at 19:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Forum reports the DStwo as still working with 9.2.0-20E (according to there forum feedback from users), that is good enough for me to update without fear of blocking my kit

Nothing has been blocked for a while, just make sure you are using the latest firmware with it first 1.25, but I'm sure nothing has been updated firmware wise on the DSTwo since the last fix for 7.0.0-13 so it's not needed any fixes since 7 to be able to work with newer 3DS firmware versions from 7 up over

I'm sure that may well change though for the Gateway update, that may well get blocked almost as soon as they release the fix for version 9 of the firmware, but DS flash carts seem to get mostly ignored by Nintendo now
    The DSTwo does still work on the newest 3DS FW, I had to update my DSTwo first though.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    The DSTwo does still work on the newest 3DS FW, I had to update my DSTwo first though.
    You may of been on an older 3DS firmware, the firmware v1.25 for DSTwo has been around since 3DS updated there firmware to 7 with nothing newer done since

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

You may of been on an older 3DS firmware, the firmware v1.25 for DSTwo has been around since 3DS updated there firmware to 7 with nothing newer done since
    I was on 6x FW, not sure exactly, the one that Zelda ALBW is on.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah there was a blocking update between 6x FW and 7x FW by Nintendo, Cookie... er Groot was already on 7x though so your DSTWO was on an older firmware than 1.25

Nintendo have not blocked the DSTWO since 7x though so 8x and 9x did not try and take any action against the DSTWO kit

Though I have a feeling as soon as the Gateway Team update there kit to work on 9x it will get blocked by the next 3DS update, I don't think Nintendo care that much for the now dead DS software (as far as new DS carts being released) & flash kits that can play pirated versions of those, but I guess if Nintendo do block the Gateway the DS kits may get blocked at the same time.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-November-2014 at 08:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by alvinbrishen View Post
    from former updating history,it seems gateway 3ds always can bypass the block.
    No. This is the first and only time they've bypassed a block. The Gateway has been blocked on all firmwares after it's release, through till now. It's entirely possible they'll never bypass another block. Or on the flipside, some free softmod could be in the making. Who knows what the future holds.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    No. This is the first and only time they've bypassed a block. The Gateway has been blocked on all firmwares after it's release, through till now. It's entirely possible they'll never bypass another block. Or on the flipside, some free softmod could be in the making. Who knows what the future holds.
    It was a FPA

Thanks
    EP Points

Well there was no spam payload when I responded, so yeah

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Well there was no spam payload when I responded, so yeah
    They edit their posts to add the link later. It's what that account did in his previous post in a different thread.