Thread: Rookie (at best) in need of psp mod help

Thanks

Question Rookie (at best) in need of psp mod help

Hey all,

I've never actually posted on a forum before, but the layout seems simple enough. Bare with me please.

I recently purchased a psp 1001 from a friend at work with the intent of getting my nostalgia on. After research, I was able to update the OFW to 6.60 (easy enough) and Then put on the CFW 6.60 PRO-C2 (a tad trickier). I now am trying to figure out how to download the ROMs/ISOs/eBOOTS.

Before I continue, I have the discs of the games I'm trying to download! I, however, do not have the computer power or know how to try anything as fancy as ripping this or burning that. As of now, we are a tablet only household. I get access to friends and families laptops occasionally and in those fleeting moments of technical superiority I try to figure out ways to resurrect the almost lifeless gamer child portion of my soul.

My question is, can someone give me a detailed outline on how to download psx games (crash bandicoot2&3, legend of dragoon, resident evil1&2, frogger) and play them on my psp? Ideally, the smiplest way that puts the computer I'm using and my console at the least amount of risk.

Thank you very much!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

For PSP games (.iso and .cso) you should be ready to go for that assuming you have a memory card (I use a dual slot adaptor with Sandisk SD cards myself).

Just download what you want, extract the archive using 7zip, put the image (.iso or .cso) into the /ISO folder on your memory card.
    I use a card adaptor on my laptop for that myself.

I don't play PSX games on my PSP, I have original consoles for that so I can't help you there.

Edit: Actually, there's a guide for POPSLoader:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?65360

And maybe there's some other stuff you could read that might be of use in the Sony systems guides sticky below (scroll down to post #3 Sony Playstation Portable)
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-system-guides
    Last edited by deadlegion; 7th-November-2014 at 08:38.

Spoiler warning: