Thread: Xbox wont load burnt cd

Thanks

Default Xbox wont load burnt cd

I have other burned cds that work, However im having problems making my own. So I downloaded qwix101 and Img Burn.

Now I downloaded a game that wasn't already in an ISO, it was in 86 different files all 48megs. Their all named pk-conk.001 pk-conk.002..etc etc. So I made an ISO image from qwix101 using the directory I extracted all those files into, and I used img burn to write it to a dvd, the program burned it succesfully, but when I use the cd on my xbox it doesnt load. What did I do wrong?

Okay so I figured out I needed to use hjsplit to join all the files into one file. Still I have a problem. When I join the files together, it gives me file named pk-conk with no file extension.

Ive read the manual on how to use hjsplit and the example it shows the files are named test.exe.001 and when the files joined its an .exe again. Why are all my files named pk-conk.001 and why dont I have a defined file extension?

Ive tried renaming the file .zip, .rar, .7z and whenever it opens up in 7zip or winrar it shows pk-conk.iso in there and that file is significantly bigger the file with no extension, but when ever I try to extract the file it gives me error. "File broken" etc etc, what do I do from here? what am i suppose to do?

In the read me file for the game im trying to play is this

_________________________ ___________ _________________ __
    _/ / _ / \ / / _ | / | ___//_/
    | / / / / _ \___/ / / |/ /___|_ |__._______
    | ____/ \ \_ \ \ / / ___/_ / | | | /
    |_____| |_____\_____/________// /__________)________|___| | _/
    -X----- - --- - --- --- /___________/ -- -- ---- -- --- X/ \
    /______|______\
    Presents ......: Conker: Live and Reloaded
    Company .......: RARE/Microsoft

Origin ........: PAL Format ...........: *.ISO Image
    System ........: Microsoft XBOX # of Files .......: 86 x 50MB
    Released ......: June 14th, 2005 Filename .........: PX-CONK.001

It says its an ISO format, but why isn't this working for me?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Inferno.; 31st-October-2014 at 09:19.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay so I figured out I needed to use hjsplit to join all the files into one file. Still I have a problem. When I join the files together, it gives me file named pk-conk with no file extension.
    If you're still talking about the original 48mb files (named .001, .002 etc), chances are you actually just need to extract the right one using 7-Zip. As long as all the parts are still in the same folder together, try extracting just the file with the .001 extension (if there happens to be a PX-CONK.rar somewhere in there, extract that instead). Judging by the readme you posted, it should give you a single .iso file to burn. If it still throws a "file is broken" error then either you're missing some parts or one or more of the parts were corrupted while downloading the set.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 31st-October-2014 at 06:48.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Back in the days of Xbox ISO downloading, an .001 archive was to be extracted by just telling Windows it's opening the file with WinRAR and then double clicking and extracting that way.

But when 7zip appeared it was able to extract the archives without any hassle. I just hope all your messing around with the archive hasn't broken it or anything.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Epic failure

As above extract the *.001 file with 7-zip (you can get that from www.7-zip.org)

This set will not have an rar file it's the wrong naming system to have one, but some split files may have one typically they use *.r## naming e.g. name.r00 *.r01 and a *.rar, this can also be extracted via 7-zip so it's just a handy little program to have installed in general

The other parts will be read by 7-zip automatically and will produce the contents of that multi part archive

HJSplit went out almost as soon as it was started, the same year 7-zip handles those and extracted the contents directly rather than building a joined file first then extracting the joined file, 7-zip does this directly without rebuilding the multi parts into a single part.

I don't have that exact copy myself as I have the dump by CLEAR that is a full DVD9 copy of the US version so can't tell you what you have but from the nfo snip it should be an ISO file though it may be a DVD9 dump (dual layer) rather than a DVD5 or standard DVD (single layer), I have a feeling this will also be a DVD9 image though so you will need a DVD DL+R aka DVD9+R to burn this on to but chances are the drive will not be able to read that disc smoothly even using the best available DVD's (DVD DL-R's are too low quality and will fail to be readable on most consoles you have more chance with a higher quality +R, but like I said the xbox drives are not super great to start with)

P.S. the DVD drive on the Xbox is not the greatest especially older versions than the 1.6 Xbox that has an ok Drive installed, though if you use HD video cables some games will be scrambled in 480p, though the drive is still prone to dying off even with the 1.6 drive, the best way to play Xbox games on the original xbox is from the internal HDD, best to replace the bog standard drive though as it is only 8GB to 10GB to start with and get something that will store a bit more on it, I have had a 160GB drive and currently using a 750GB drive in my original Xbox to both avoid Disc Read errors and to get faster load times/less lag from loading data, in case you don't have it modded already you do require a modded xbox to play backup games from DVD or HDD
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-October-2014 at 10:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR