Thread: Favorite Retro Game Youtube Channels

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Favorite Retro Game Youtube Channels

Most of the time if I want to watch "TV", it's on Youtube. For entertainment on video games, I watch a lot of retro gaming personalities that review games to enlighten me on games I never heard of that I may want to try, and even look into getting hardware that will be cool to own.

For me, I watch:

MetalJesusRocks (pretty awesome that he was a former Sierra employee, good recommender of games)
    Game Sack (very intelligent show, has a 'point/counterpoint' style)
    The Game Chasers (the duo that loves to get dirty finding games in flea markets, conventions, and other places)
    The Retro Hunters (pretty much the grandfathers of duo game hunting in flea markets)
    Satoshi_Matrix (another intelligent personality on Youtube, also very responsive to comments)
    AlphaOmegaSin (very outspoken on new events in the gaming world)
    ReviewTechUSA (also very outspoken in his videos, very cool guy)
    Pat The NES Punk (quirky, need I say more? enjoyable nonetheless)
    Gamester81 (another good intellect that collects interesting/rare hardware)
    Classic Game Room aka Lord Karnage (extremely dry humor accompanied with sarcasm wrapped into game/hardware reviews, s'all right)
    futurematt5 (heavy enthusiast of shmups, neat for digging up new shmups to try out)
    GameTechUS (a repairman for showing how to fix and modify hardware units to get them back in order or how to enhance hardware, very long and extensive videos)
    WiiGuy309 (this guy is amazing since he makes stereo-enhanced NES OSTs free to download after a while of uploading his videos)
    RetroLiberty (very quirky duo that are heavily influenced from The Game Chasers and even The Retro Hunters)
    NESComplex (a good friend of RetroLiberty and another intelligent show)
    Until We Win (a former extension to thatguywiththeglasses that reviewed games that were extremely hard, he's pretty on point with his reviews)

Have to say that Game Sack, The Game Chasers, RetroLiberty, and Until We Win are probably my most favorite ones in the list, but they're all really good and worth watching.
    Last edited by CadmiumRED; 30th-October-2014 at 15:13.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think this is a very good thread. How about links to channels that are clickable on the names?

GameGrumps - Yeah they play games terribly and rarely finish anything, but Dan and Arin are funny and that's what counts, right?
    Dan Wood - (kookytech.net) - Brilliant channel for Amiga related content, hardware, software, etc. Very informative and interesting.
    Glenn Plant - N64 reviewer, very professional style to his videos.
    RetroGameTech - Hardware mods/repairs/etc, very professional and informative. Great channel, hasn't uploaded any content in a while though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    I think this is a very good thread. How about links to channels that are clickable on the names?

GameGrumps - Yeah they play games terribly and rarely finish anything, but Dan and Arin are funny and that's what counts, right?
    Have you seen the old stuff with Jon and Arin? Way better. If you haven't you'd love it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Caddicarus - little bit retro(PS1), little bit modern and I like the humor

+1 for Classic Game Room (Lord Karnage)
    And of course, The Angry Video Game Nerd.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by war1ock View Post
    Caddicarus - little bit retro(PS1), little bit modern and I like the humor

+1 for Classic Game Room (Lord Karnage)
    And of course, The Angry Video Game Nerd.
    Heh thanks. I'm just glad that AVGN finally touched upon Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the SNES with Mike, being it's one of my favorite games ever. God they suck at the game though haha.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Imageshack View Post
    Have you seen the old stuff with Jon and Arin? Way better. If you haven't you'd love it.
    Started watching after Jon left, probably why I like GameGrumps now since I never watched before. I know a lot of people hate.

Thanks
    EP Points

Now there's one particular channel I watch every now and then, but I believe it's pretty much ended and no more new videos are made by him, but it's none other than..

IGSRJ.

Pretty much he "reviews" games and is sarcastically poking at Irate Gamer and Angry Video Game Nerd re-using phrases either has said and doing it in the same vein with the use of a Text-To-Speech software by the name of Loquendo. I find them hilarious in my personal opinion. None of his videos are meant to be taken seriously, because I at first thought that they were honest reviews, but then realized a few videos later that it was all a joke.

I also watch DLAbaoaqu since he makes written commentator notes on videos done by very mediocre game reviewers, one being the Irate Gamer who he does a lot of (the series is called I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT AVGN!). They're also pretty funny and true.
    Last edited by CadmiumRED; 30th-October-2014 at 22:07.