Thread: Almost All Cue Files Wrong

Thanks

Post Almost All Cue Files Wrong

I'm padding out my collection at the moment but I'm having to hand-correct almost every single game I download as the CUE files for every BIN/CUE pair has been made very specifically and thus would only work on that individuals machine. Here's an example...

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. For example this CUE file specifies that the BIN file is in a folder named "SATURN" on the root of your C drive. A correct, generic CUE file (that will work anywhere) would look like this...

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. ... note the pack of a path. This way it'll assume the BIN file is in the same folder as the CUE file itself (and is named "Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 1).bin" obviously).

Not sure who exactly uploads the files but this may be worth keeping in mind in future and act as a warning for anyone wondering why the games don't work. This isn't unique to the Saturn, it applies to every system on EmuParadise that has CUE/BIN pairs available for download by the looks of it (I've seen the same with PSX and PS2).

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is a reoccurring problem with many images from uploaders who don't know any better, I used to go through this hell myself until I was enlightened by superior archiving methods like Redump.

All I can tell ya is if you want a proper dump of a game send me a PM and il try to fulfill it, I have all the saturn greats redumped.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's from an old set and easy enough to fix if you know what to look out for though still very annoying

Can't say I have seen any PSX or PS2 games with the same issue though, but this is a well known issue with the Saturn set uploaded to the main site

PSX is only a pain for those ecm file and the ecm and ape combos that require converting fully ecm to bin and ecm+ape ones not only need converting to bin+bin or bin+wav but also need to be converted back to a single bin+cue
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-October-2014 at 07:48.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR