Page 3 of 267 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Thread: the holy shit-Out: what is goign on (HE QUIC BROWN OX UMP OVER HE Z OG)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Oh yeah? That's pretty cool man. So you been with this girl for a while now?

I wish I could say that I've changed, but everything here is pretty much the same. I've just recently escalated my game collecting to arcade cabinets.
    Years now, I actually don't remember exactly how long - at least four years, probably close to five now that I think about it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mario View Post
    Years now, I actually don't remember exactly how long - at least four years, probably close to five now that I think about it.
    Ahh, I thought that I had remembered you having a long-time girlfriend. I guess it's been a while. So how long ago did you move?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Anyway, I hope this isn't just a fleeting visit. This place could use another familiar face around here. It has been pretty dead around here as of late...

Thanks

Bit over a year. She just couldn't get any work locally (finance/business degree) so she moved and I followed. One of the perils of having a partner who makes twice what I do.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bit over a year. She just couldn't get any work locally (finance/business degree) so she moved and I followed. One of the perils of having a partner who makes twice what I do.
    Ahh, yeah you have to go where the job market is I suppose. Have you been liking where you're living now?

Thanks

I don't mind it - Melbourne (population: about four and a half million) is a much larger city than where I'm from originally (Adelaide, population about a million) and the weather is terrible but its nice to actually live in a proper city rather than an overgrown country town.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't mind it - Melbourne (population: about four and a half million) is a much larger city than where I'm from originally (Adelaide, population about a million) and the weather is terrible but its nice to actually live in a proper city rather than an overgrown country town.
    Heh, yeah I don't think I would be able to stand living in a city that big. The place you moved from has about four times the population of the city I'm in. Even then I think it's too many people.

There must always be something going on as in a city that big. Any good job opportunities?

Thanks

Not really. There's a lot of jobs going, but there's also a fuckton of people going for them.

And, to be brutally honest, I'm really not making climbing the ladder a big priority in my life. I've got a job that pays the bills and lets me leave the crap behind at knockoff time - and living with someone who's job is so stressful he practically has panic attacks on a weekly basis, well, I kinda think I made the right choice there. Same thing with my family, my dad spent years doing dual jobs or working overtime but I don't see the point in putting in huge hours if its not gonna get me anything I care about. My mum raised me on a disability pension, so my standards for 'good enough' are pretty low in any case.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not really. There's a lot of jobs going, but there's also a fuckton of people going for them.

And, to be brutally honest, I'm really not making climbing the ladder a big priority in my life. I've got a job that pays the bills and lets me leave the crap behind at knockoff time - and living with someone who's job is so stressful he practically has panic attacks on a weekly basis, well, I kinda think I made the right choice there. Same thing with my family, my dad spent years doing dual jobs or working overtime but I don't see the point in putting in huge hours if its not gonna get me anything I care about. My mum raised me on a disability pension, so my standards for 'good enough' are pretty low in any case.
    I feel you there man. I don't make a whole lot of money, but I don't despise what I do and it pays the bills as well as my collector addiction. I work maybe 30 hours a week and have two days off in a row. I'd trade "financial gain" for a reduction in stress any day.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Decided to get a couple tables for Pinball FX 2, Jesus I love Pinball.

Thanks
    EP Points

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. Thursday I start anew.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    HAZE THE NEWB

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    That's awesome man. I don't remember if I've already said it, but congrats on the new job!

Thanks
    EP Points

Hypnos is back, i'm surprised.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Hypnos is back, i'm surprised.
    Likewise.