Page 125 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4001

Thread: the holy shit-Out: what is goign on (HE QUIC BROWN OX UMP OVER HE Z OG)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    We're watching Spaceballs. I'm laughing my ass off.
    Very funny movie, still holds up imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    I've never really tried Republic of Tea, however that's probably because when I dove into tea I did it pretty hard and went to the sites that are full of people who've been picky about their teas forages and are huge on some rather snobby things and talked with a lot of self-servicing vendors who visit China during the harvests to travel farms and purchase teas.
    Ha, they sound so serious. To me, if it tastes good then w/e.

I've not liked some stuff I've got from Republic of Tea but I definitely have some staples that I order from them when I run out (ordering all at once of course and waiting for a free shipping deal).

When I first started really drinking tea (many many moons ago) I was just buying w/e loose leaf at the Merc. Started ordering online many years ago though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Where do you get that kind of tea,Warrior/Gob?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

@Gobby: Troll go away.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I love the movie.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Mmm, wouldn't be the most I've paid for tea but a little high. Too bad they don't have sample sizes.
    The only thing that kills it is the only decent way to ship it is through EMS... For the quality ~$20 for 100g is fairly good in terms of Sencha from what I could tell. About to try this "Shaded Leaf" from Mellow monk which is their most expensive tea so hopefully it comes out decently enough for my review of it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah it's a fair price if the quality is good. EMS is killer though, from what I've experienced ordering games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Very funny movie, still holds up imo.

Ha, they sound so serious. To me, if it tastes good then w/e.

I've not liked some stuff I've got from Republic of Tea but I definitely have some staples that I order from them when I run out (ordering all at once of course and waiting for a free shipping deal).

When I first started really drinking tea (many many moons ago) I was just buying w/e loose leaf at the Merc. Started ordering online many years ago though.
    Most of them own small shops that are kind of their life-blood or already live in China and do it on the side. Some of them it was their passion to work the tea world so they did the best they could, and most of their teas knocked my boots off once I could afford not to buy shady e-bay tea and step away from adagio for a while.

I started on bagged tea for about 2 weeks, then I moved onto adagio samplers, then moved onto ebay oolongs which were very hit or miss. Once I got my first real job I started buying the good stuff and my entire perspective of quality has taken a 360. My first sencha tasted almost bland, like water so I started ignoring they entire group. Now that I lucked out with the o-cha goodness I know that there are better options.

Honestly, once you order from some of the people who source the tea themselves instead of mass-purchasing from factories or trade shows you notice there are some things that they just do better(most of them specialize in a certain tea so that probably helps a lot).

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah it's a fair price if the quality is good. EMS is killer though, from what I've experienced ordering games.
    I payed $15 shipping on a $60 order(granted there was a cha-wan in it for matcha which is fairly heavy). Came with insurance and had to be signed for upon drop-off or pickup so I had my first experience with a post office because of it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A lot of Japanese ebay stores even put signature confirmation on non-EMS now to help protect themselves. I have so sign for stuff very frequently because of it. XD

Adagio seems comparable to RoT btw, from what I'm looking at. I'll be trying some stuff from them to see for myself though.

And yeah, bad tea is kind of like bad anything else when it comes to food and drink. You have no idea until you've had something better.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've decided. I'm getting this one... If they don't sell it before I can get up there. 3 hours away.

Thanks
    EP Points

A lot of Japanese ebay stores even put signature confirmation on non-EMS now to help protect themselves. I have so sign for stuff very frequently because of it. XD

Adagio seems comparable to RoT btw, from what I'm looking at. I'll be trying some stuff from them to see for myself though.

And yeah, bad tea is kind of like bad anything else when it comes to food and drink. You have no idea until you've had something better.
    I bought a tea bag on ebay for $.01, my sister had to sign for it in the morning when it came in the mail....

Adagio is like a gate-way from what I can tell. They mass source their teas while also having some straight from the farmer teas depending on how much they want to charge. I find their TieGuanYin rather unappealing compared to the one I've had from some dude who specializes in Oolong.

Honestly, I never though I would love tea this much. 1.5 years ago I posted my hatred for it after trying some of my mom's lipton pepermint iced tea, now I spend a good chunk of money on it and it's one of my passions. Electric kettle is warming up to 75 celcius and then I'm going to brew the $35 shaded leaf.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    I bought a tea bag on ebay for $.01, my sister had to sign for it in the morning when it came in the mail....

Adagio is like a gate-way from what I can tell. They mass source their teas while also having some straight from the farmer teas depending on how much they want to charge. I find their TieGuanYin rather unappealing compared to the one I've had from some dude who specializes in Oolong.

Honestly, I never though I would love tea this much. 1.5 years ago I posted my hatred for it after trying some of my mom's lipton pepermint iced tea, now I spend a good chunk of money on it and it's one of my passions. Electric kettle is warming up to 75 celcius and then I'm going to brew the $35 shaded leaf.
    Up top bro.

I'm placing an order on Mellowmonk, thanks for posting that discount code.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Monk's Choice and Harmony Tea. I will try and remember to post my thoughts on them after I've tried them.

Thanks
    EP Points

Trying to write to people.

Cat casually walks across my laptop and deletes everything I’ve typed so far.

Ok then.

Thanks
    EP Points

Up top bro.

I'm placing an order on Mellowmonk, thanks for posting that discount code.
    Yeah, it's funny how you can grow to love something you hated so much. I'm probably going to post another reviewish type thing tonight(I'm pretty stale in terms of writing though so it probably won't be anything too over the top). Apparently with my free samples I was sent a preview copy of white2tea's brand new tea that's coming out. It's not up on his site when I asked him earlier and it was a lovely black tea blend.

This mellowmonk shaded leaf tea brewed a very nice light green and smells pretty good, similar to the o-cha Uji Miyabi so I'm wondering how different they will taste.