Page 104 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108109114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4001

Thread: the holy shit-Out: what is goign on (HE QUIC BROWN OX UMP OVER HE Z OG)

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice song,Beez.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    Nice song,Beez.
    Heh, I don't really like King Diamond/Merciful Fate all that much, but 'tis the season.

You going to be doing any traveling this holiday season, or you pretty much just spending them at home this year?

Myself, I'm pretty lucky that the majority of my family live in town. So I don't have to go very far. When my grandparents were still alive and lived out of town, I remember me and my family driving for hours every holiday season. I really miss going out there and having the entire family together, and spending time with everyone...

Thanks
    EP Points

No.I don't have to travel for the holidays. I miss spending the holidays with my grandparents too.*sigh*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    No.I don't have to travel for the holidays. I miss spending the holidays with my grandparents too.*sigh*
    Well that's good you don't have to travel anywhere just in case the weather is total shit. Yeah, it sucks getting old... but the only thing you can really do is remember all the good times you had together. I should go to my mom's and see if she'll break out all of the old Christmas videos.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Yeah, these are businesses. You have to sell yourself as being able to provide the service that they need. Be professional and let them know who they will be working with. Are you "eager to learn"? Do you "enjoy an intellectual challenge"? Are you "more of a people person"? Drop some statements like that during your interview to let them know who you are.
    Yep. Bullshit your face off, say what they want you to say etc...

Good posture and body language is very important.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah,that's what I do especially during the holidays. Hi Gypsy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Good, thanks. Just trying to figure out stuff for Christmas, trying to start early this year as opposed to the previous years.

You going to participate in EP's Secret Santa this year?
    Yeah, I have yet to ask for lists, but I'll probably do that here soon. Right now I'm just figuring out what I'm going to get my friends, which is a lot easier then figuring out what my family wants.

I'm actually getting a tree this year too. It's my Ex's old tree that we bought years ago and spray painted black. Going to have a Black Metal Christmas this year.
    I've found the best way is to just not give a lot of people presents. The best thing I did was get out of the extended family Christmas drawing. #BlackSheep But really it's so much easier to just get stuff for friends and the family members you really care about.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You going to be doing any traveling this holiday season, or you pretty much just spending them at home this year?

Myself, I'm pretty lucky that the majority of my family live in town. So I don't have to go very far. When my grandparents were still alive and lived out of town, I remember me and my family driving for hours every holiday season. I really miss going out there and having the entire family together, and spending time with everyone...
    Another benefit of dropping was not traveling. There is no cheap way to get to Michigan from Kansas. inb4walking

Thanks
    EP Points

I only get gifts for my immediate family. I don't have a lot to do with most of my extended family.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My extended family is pretty big, and loves to have multiple yearly events. I pick and choose. I think everyone in Michigan (90% of the family) is expected to show up for everything.

Another thing I find, is that I get myself way better gifts than they would. Though I do cheat and open them early.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I've found the best way is to just not give a lot of people presents. The best thing I did was get out of the extended family Christmas drawing. #BlackSheep But really it's so much easier to just get stuff for friends and the family members you really care about.
    Meh, I like giving people stuff, especially if they're not expecting it. I don't really have that big of a family. So I only have about... six, maybe seven, family members to buy presents for. Then there's a few friends I'm going to buy some gifts for. I only get stuff for people I really care about anyway. For the most part though I'm thinking of making some gifts this year instead of buying them. I've been tossing around the idea of doing some small video game based sculptures and making them into Christmas ornaments. Most of my friends are nerds, so they'd appreciate something like that. Plus it's more original then just going out and buying something.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's a great idea,Beez. I'm going to bake stuff for friends.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Meh, I like giving people stuff, especially if they're not expecting it. I don't really have that big of a family. So I only have about... six, maybe seven, family members to buy presents for. Then there's a few friends I'm going to buy some gifts for. I only get stuff for people I really care about anyway. For the most part though I'm thinking of making some gifts this year instead of buying them. I've been tossing around the idea of doing some small video game based sculptures and making them into Christmas ornaments. Most of my friends are nerds, so they'd appreciate something like that. Plus it's more original then just going out and buying something.
    Yeah, that's not too bad.

I definitely like giving gifts. The stuff with such a big family just gets taxing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ugh...

That feeling when you are killing time waiting for an ebay auction to end and then get caught up in what you are killing time with and forget to bid...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Ugh...

That feeling when you are killing time waiting for an ebay auction to end and then get caught up in what you are killing time with and forget to bid...
    I feel you, I've missed some good shit doing that too. A nice $30 disc-only copy of PSO 1&2+ a while back comes to mind.