Thread: Is there a way to get ePSXe to run by clicking on the game's file itself?

Thanks

Default Is there a way to get ePSXe to run by clicking on the game's file itself?

The way I have things set up is all my games are in one location and I have them set up where I just click on them and they run in the emulator. For some reason this works with every emulator except ePSXe which loads up the program but I still have to manually open the iso in ePSXe.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Dunno anything about emulation but with epsxe does it run via the .cue file?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello ThanatosNow,

I think you mean using something like an emulator front-end for the program. Also allows for creating of profiles for each game, to have custom settings on a game by game basis.

I have had good luck with ePSXeQuickPlay. The developer of that program seems to have abandoned that but it still works fine with version 1.9.0 (Last I checked that is the latest version). A note is that it does not support the ePSXe internal plugins, so EternalsSPU or other audio plugins will need to be used, same for video.

Hope its okay to post a link to the site that mentions it: http://ngemu.com/threads/epsxequickp.../#post-2049282

Also if you care for alphabetical order it must be completed when the entries are added as there is no way (that I know of) in the program to reorder the game profiles.

Hope this is useful,
    HaloSlayer255

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

if you need to use internal plugins and want to create shortcuts for each game then ePSXeCutor is what you are looking for

http://www.pbernert.com/html/frontend.htm

It's very basic looking but if you are after creating shortcuts you can change the icon to whatever you want it to be

Normally I would say don't link to other forums but as the guy does not have is own homepage for the software I will let that go

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR