Thread: pcsx2 on Windows 10 Technical Preview?!

Thanks

Default pcsx2 on Windows 10 Technical Preview?!

Well,

My system is DELL Inspiron 15z 5523 Intel Core i7-5537U 2.00GHz CPU

had the Intel HD Graphics 4000 version 10.18.10.3277 from DELL and nVIDIA GeForce GT 630M they installed very fine on Windows 10 Preview.

However, when I suddenly tried the PS2 emulator "pcsx2" the FPS drops down while in game and scenes and sounds like it's a Dual Core laptop.

Because of that I switched between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Tech Preview for re-checking. The FPS doesn't drop down on Windows 8.1 but it does in 10 Preview.

So is that a Windows issue because it is still Preview? Graphics driver somewhat still isn't compatible with this Windows or even issue with compatibility issue with pcsx2 and Widows 10 Preview?

Please tell me because I like the use of Windows 10 better than Windows 8.1
    Is that related to the nVIDIA GeForce GT 630M driver that needs to be updated to work really with Windows 10 on Inspiron 15z?

Please heeelp me I like this new Windows so much because it's a compensate for Windows 7 I used to install Windows 7 but my laptop always refused..

Please help me this is the last laptop I am going to use now.. Does that mean this i7 DELL laptop will not be able to run pcsx2 with Windows 10? but what the operating system has to do with the CPU can't run pcsx2 fine where it can run it just fast and excellent with Windows 8.1?

Thanks
    EP Points

So is that a Windows issue because it is still Preview? Graphics driver somewhat still isn't compatible with this Windows or even issue with compatibility issue with pcsx2 and Widows 10 Preview?
    It's probably one or all of those things, yes. Seeing as Win10 is still in its early stages it's unlikely that you'll be able to find much support for it until the full release.

As for installing Win7 instead, have you checked your BIOS settings for a "legacy" boot option? If not, go ahead and check around those settings for an option like that, as it should let you boot a Win7 install disc/usb.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dude, I'm sorry, why don't you just buy yourself a PS2 already? I'm sure even in the middle east they can be had for cheap. How long have you been trying to get PCSX2 to work on your various laptops?

Anyway on-topic, Windows 10 preview is NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED BY PCSX2! Make yourself another partition on your laptop's HDD, and dual-boot Windows 7/8.1 if you just have to have Windows 10 preview on your laptop. Either way, like Maslowk said above, there probably won't be any support for Windows 10 until it's officially released. Even then, there probably won't be any support for it until a fair bit of time after it's been released.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beelzebub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Dude, I'm sorry, why don't you just buy yourself a PS2 already? I'm sure even in the middle east they can be had for cheap. How long have you been trying to get PCSX2 to work on your various laptops?

Anyway on-topic, Windows 10 preview is NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED BY PCSX2! Make yourself another partition on your laptop's HDD, and dual-boot Windows 7/8.1 if you just have to have Windows 10 preview on your laptop. Either way, like Maslowk said above, there probably won't be any support for Windows 10 until it's officially released. Even then, there probably won't be any support for it until a fair bit of time after it's been released.
    This. The Windows 10 preview only just came out. Like, mere days ago. You're just going to have to wait for the emulator to be updated.