Thread: Problems with Baldur's Gate (starting up the game)

Thanks

Default Problems with Baldur's Gate (starting up the game)

This is the first game I tried to run on the PCSX2 Emulator, with all the requirements met. The only problem is after I fire up the Iso, the game itself has gone a bit screwy, by which I mean that the game doesn't run on both sides of the screen and after I attempt to start a new game the game crashes, but not the emulator.
    In addition I attempted a different game, Dark Cloud, which worked and leads me to the question of is the iso I downloaded bad? or is it a different problem that I'm unaware of?

Sorry guys, I meant Dark Alliance 2.

__________________________________________________ ___

Okay, so I got the 4gb patch but the problem is continuing to persist, would I need to do anything in particular with it because I just put it in the plugins folder. In addition my computer is well over the requirements that the game needed. I'd really like to figure out the issue so that I can play the game, I also found out that a similar problem occurs on Champions of Norath. just half the screen and crashing after the fact.

__________________________________________________ ___

I'm running the emulator in software mode and this fixes the half of a screen issue, but after searching for a while I haven't been able to find a way to use the 4 gb patch.
    Last edited by Volgin212; 15th-October-2014 at 13:09. Reason: new information

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Because you've just said "Baldur's Gate" I'm going to assume you mean Dark Alliance and not the sequel.
    You need a decent machine to run this properly afaik:
    http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Baldu...20035-U--29280

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Bugs:

Gsdx must be in software mode and 4GB patch must be used or game will crash.

^Key factor here. You likely don't have the 4GB patch installed.
    YouTube (Gameplay Videos)
    Intel Core i5-4670k @ 3.40GHz | Radeon HD 7850 | 6GB DDR3-1333 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 640 GB HDD