Thread: Burning DC games

Thanks

Default Burning DC games

My dreamcast is a june 2000 I tried getting utopia and burned it with img burn but it didnt read the disc. I tried getting discjuggler but everytime time I try I get reboot your system

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For ImgBurn to work you do require the pfctoc.dll in the install folder of ImgBurn, see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?81186 for more info

What model version is your dreamcast? going to guess at model (1) should be something like (1) [NTSC|U]

I have a feeling it works fine with Mil-CD's anyway because it's only model (2) USA dreamcasts that have issues anyway dated November 2000 and newer as Sega removed the Mil-CD feature, model (1) and model (0) should work just fine with Mil-CD's and Utopia itself is a Mil-CD, see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?54893 for more info

P.S. Utopia is not needed nower days, it was only ever used to boot plain CD's as Mil-CD's can boot directly, the only plain CD rips that are around are very very old rips
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-September-2014 at 19:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Okay, this has been a frustrating day for Dreamcast Burning.

Upon purchasing my dreamcast at an expo, I proceeded to burn a few games, 9 successfully and only needed utopia for Gauntlet Legends.

fast forward a year later. I have moved unpacked and set up my toys, and there are a few titles I want for my dreamcast. The 9 I burned still work fine. but I have no notes or information from that time and how I was able to burn these CDI files to disk.
    My first go to attempt was Zorlon's imgburn with the 3 "drivers" (pfctoc) in the root.

the games I burn load straight to music player. they WILL NOT BOOT.

I then tried:
    DiscJuggler v6.0
    CloneCD 5.3.1.4
    BootDreams 106b

I am running windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    burner is an LG cd/dvd writer "supermulti"
    I have tried 16x burn speed and even 1x speed based on advice from a thread here. in the same thread it was mentioned to ensure overburn is on and default. and in another thread "there is no reason to have overburn on"

It embarasses me to even have to ask as it seems so very simple when I read instructions on here, and the fact that I had successfully accomplished this with little to no effort less than a year ago, wasting only one disc at the time. I have ruined 10 cd-r's today!

Please someone throw me a bone, and I ask that one try not to be condescending as i realize how pathetic my inquiry is.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please create your own thread
    Do not bump old threads
    Thread closed due to age.

Create a new thread also list the games with issues and if you got them from us then link them so I can take a look

I personally have just about every english game in a selfbooting Mil-CD format including Gauntlet Legends either made by newer groups or created by me, though most of my rips are for 99min CD-R or just better 80min CD-R rips, I just used what I could to get the best possible rip done, to make sure no game content was missing and without any sort of re-sampling when possible

DiscJuggler is not needed neither CloneCD or even Nero Burning Rom

Boot Dreams is just for making your own selfbooting disc images but there are much better methods though a little complicated for some but end results are much improved over Boot Dreams
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-February-2015 at 19:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR