Thread: Problems with Start Menu button Customization

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Problems with Start Menu button Customization

I got this Pokemon Computer Theme here http://windows7themes.net/en-us/wind...pokemon-theme/
    And it included a New Start Menu button, I followed this guide http://windows7themes.net/en-us/how-...-in-windows-7/
    to install the start menu button, it worked perfectly, I then tried to Install a Bitmap image of a Hylian Shield as a button, didn't work, I followed the instructions and did everything correctly, instead no start button appeared at all. I don't know why it did this, the BMP image was 50x50 in dimension. If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks
    EP Points

try to download an icon file or .ico of the hylian shield. That should help.

Thanks
    EP Points

When you get to step 5 on that guide you linked, try clicking "Save [Bitmap] resources" to save the existing image, then use that as the base for the image you want (preferably in something like photoshop, paint might work too though). Basically you want to open the image you extracted from explorer.exe and just copy the desired image over it in your image editor; IIRC this is how I got around this issue the last time I messed with start button replacement.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 12th-September-2014 at 11:31.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I I tried several solutions none worked, so I just tried using a start menu button I found on Deviant art, it worked fine, here's a link if you want to download it yourself.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/3...&ts=1410569579

It's a pretty cool Customization if you ask me.