Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actual state of play with PS2 emus

gorky Guest

Default Actual state of play with PS2 emus

There are (at least?) three PS2 emus being developed as we speak but NEITHER plays commercial games ... yet

pcsx2

pcsx2.ngemu.com/

PS2emu

ps2emu.psxfanatics.com/

nSX2

nsx2.emulation64.com/

-----------------
    "You mean ... I shaved my bikini zone for nothing!"

The sayings of homer simpson, esquire

Thanks

Wow why is everyone suddenly obsessed with PS2 and Xbox emulation? There won't be any for a few years. At least.

SomeUserGuy Guest

cause it's perfect to prove the state of piracy these days.

battousai Guest

that's true... people see that since they could emulate old consoles, why not emulate the new ones? it's sad really...

chrono8921 Guest

But it's also for those who have no PS2 or Xbox... like me

Thanks
    EP Points

Then save up and buy one of them. If you want one that bad, you should at least pay for it. Emulation isn't for new systems and piracy, it's for younger gamers to experience classic games like Zelda and Sonic The Hedgehog. There are no working emulators for new systems that play commercial games, and with any luck there never will be (*cough cough* Warez *cough cough*).

Thanks

Originally posted by Cosmic3K
    classic games like Zelda and Sonic The Hedgehog
    AND EARTHBOUND!

EARTHBOUND DAMN YOU!

battousai Guest

and nes games like kung fu...

chrono8921 Guest

Originally posted by Cosmic3K
    Then save up and buy one of them. If you want one that bad, you should at least pay for it. Emulation isn't for new systems and piracy, it's for younger gamers to experience classic games like Zelda and Sonic The Hedgehog. There are no working emulators for new systems that play commercial games, and with any luck there never will be (*cough cough* Warez *cough cough*).
    It's not the cost... it's that my mother doesn't allow

battousai Guest

you have parents similar to one of my friends... you must concentrate on your studies right?

chrono8921 Guest

Yeah...

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, and also here, we have no PS2's, it's illegal to sell them here, they're sold in the grey market though but its absolutely illegal to get them, more likely you'll get jailed for buying one than for emulating one.. anyways, I'm not even interested in PS2 emulation.

SomeUserGuy Guest

no ps2?

D-Style Guest

Originally posted by MasJ
    Well, and also here, we have no PS2's, it's illegal to sell them here, they're sold in the grey market though but its absolutely illegal to get them, more likely you'll get jailed for buying one than for emulating one.. anyways, I'm not even interested in PS2 emulation.
    Why is it illegal to sell them? I'm curious

The GAME}{}{}{ Guest

Its Illegal in greece now aswell i just come back from greece with my GBA sonic advance (JAP),Street Fighter II,and pokemon crystal(US)