Thread: Can't get epsxe 1.7.0 to open Rom

Thanks

Default Can't get epsxe 1.7.0 to open Rom

Hi!

Just registered here to seek for some help.

I had epsxe 1.7.0 for a long time, it worked nicely before. After almost a year I decided to take some dust off and play some childhood games again, so downloaded some Roms, including .iso, .cue and .mds, .mdf files. Tried to open .cue on "Run ISO" option, but it didn't work. Showed and error: "Error loading cuefile (roms location).cue". Tried the same with .iso, .mds and .mdf files. Nothing was working and ended up with the same error. Downloaded PakkIso, tried to unpack them. Tried ecm tools. No luck again. I had one Worms World Party from old times and they worked, but that version is very glitchy, so I just downloaded different one. Basically that old rom is the only one that actually runs.

After long time in headaches I just downloaded another epsxe 1.7.0 and put all needed settings, plugins, bios, .dll files and the same error again.

I have a feeling that maybe something happened after some pc cleanings, but that old rom is still running and new epsxe is showing the same error, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Tried to find a solution in loads of forums, but couldn't find anything similar, because all of them finished at unpacking .ecm files. By the way, unpacking is necessary if I don't have any .ecm file?

I hope somebody here would be able to help me with this problem

Epsxe: 1.7.0
    Video: Pete's OpenGl2 Driver 2.7 (tried to use other Pete's driver - ended with the same result)
    Sound: ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0
    Cdrom: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0
    Bios: SCPH1001.bin
    Last edited by kassste; 27th-August-2014 at 17:19.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you just have say, a .iso or a .bin/.cue combo you don't need to do any further unpacking (most PS1 games here do come as .ecm files inside .rar/.zip files though).

However, if you don't have windows set to actually show all file extensions (it doesn't by default) then they can show up as say "nameofgame.bin" when they're actually "nameofgame.bin.ecm". To confirm if you have file extensions showing properly, go to My Computer, then click Organize near the top left, and click "Folder and search options" from the dropdown menu. In the new window, click the View tab, then look for "Hide extensions for known file types" and make sure it's unchecked, then click Ok. Now look at the files you were trying to run again, and see if any have the .ecm at the end of their file name.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

None of .rar/.zip files contains .ecm files and that box was unchecked already. No luck again. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by kassste; 27th-August-2014 at 17:25.

Thanks
    EP Points

When you were extracting the .rar/.zip files there weren't any errors, correct? If not I would assume the games themselves should be fine. One other thing I can think to have you try is completely removing your ePSXe configuration from the windows registry.

Go to your start menu, type regedit into the search box and hit Enter. In the window that comes up, expand "HKEY_CURRENT_USER", scroll down and expand "Software", then scroll down until you find a folder just named "epsxe"; right click it and click Delete. Then either restart your computer or log out & back in for the changes to take effect. When you go to start ePSXe next it should give you the setup wizard again. If it still won't work right, maybe try one of the newer versions of ePSXe like 1.9.0 and see if that works any better.

Out of curiosity what are a couple of the new games you're trying to run? I can try downloading them and see if they work on my end.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

No errors with extracting.

After removing epsxe folder from registry and rebooting, the same error appears. I guess I will just try to download another game and if that wont work then I will try different version of epsxe.

Games are: Hogs of War (SLUS_01195) PSX, Hogs of War [PAL][SLES-01041], Worms World Party [NTSC-U] [SLUS-01448], Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories (USA)

Only running game: Worms World Party [NTSC-U] [SLUS-01448] (old download)
    Last edited by kassste; 28th-August-2014 at 08:51.