Thread: PS one doesn't work on HDTV

Thanks

Default PS one doesn't work on HDTV

Hello, today I've tried to connect my old ps1 to a HDTV and when I turned it on the intro worked perfectly but then when the game started the screen would go dark then back to normal then dark and so on. Is there something wrong with the console itself? I mention that ps3 works without any problem on that TV. I also mention that I tried ps3's AV cable as well and it still doesn't work (same problem).

Thank you.
    Last edited by KodRoute; 24th-August-2014 at 07:14.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, if the intro displays properly, then it works. This game you tried to run, it wasnt original, was it? Maybe try another game (original or a copy you know has worked before).

Also, this might have something to do with other region games (running NTSC games on a PAL system etc.)
    Try to get a game that's the same region as your console.

Sent from the Intergalactic Space Arcade using aliens.
    Last edited by toxic; 24th-August-2014 at 07:13.

Thanks

I tried two different games (both original) and still the same issue. Oh I didn't think about the region thing, thx, I'll see.

EDIT: Ok, the TV was responsible for the problem indeed. I connected the console to another HDTV and it works but it looks pretty bad (not sure why).
    Last edited by KodRoute; 24th-August-2014 at 12:12.