Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 237

Thread: It's a Pixel THING - recent retrogaming Youtube channel

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 256 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    168
    EP Points
    1280

    Default

    Remembering some of Bob Wakelin's amazing artwork related to video games:

    Bob Wakelin TRIBUTE | It's a Pixel THING - #special

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muRte For This Useful Post:


  3. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 256 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    168
    EP Points
    1280

    Default

    The time has come to tell the complete history of the ZX Spectrum 128K +3 and, also, point out some of my favorite games to play on this incredible machine!

    ZX Spectrum 128K +3 :: HISTORY & GAMES | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 135

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muRte For This Useful Post:


  5. #183
    Jackhammer's Avatar
    Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    17,223
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 1,962 Times in 231 Posts
    EP Points
    8225

    Default

    Great video.

    I have a soft spot for the Speccy, but wasn't keen on the Amstrad manufactured versions. The plus 2 was temperamental at loading tapes, the plus 3 I bought a Multiface to backup tapes to disc, but still ended up digging out the old rubber keyboard Speccy. Most of the games look terribly dated and I doubt anyone that wasn't around in the Speccy era would give the games a 2nd look.

    I use Spectaculator for Spectrum games now, instant loading and save states. The nostalgia of waiting for tapes to load soon wears off...

  6. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 256 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    168
    EP Points
    1280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    Great video.

    I have a soft spot for the Speccy, but wasn't keen on the Amstrad manufactured versions. The plus 2 was temperamental at loading tapes, the plus 3 I bought a Multiface to backup tapes to disc, but still ended up digging out the old rubber keyboard Speccy. Most of the games look terribly dated and I doubt anyone that wasn't around in the Speccy era would give the games a 2nd look.

    I use Spectaculator for Spectrum games now, instant loading and save states. The nostalgia of waiting for tapes to load soon wears off...
    You're absolutely right about that!
    Thanks for watching and for your comment

  7. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 256 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    168
    EP Points
    1280

    Default

    The Commodore Amiga had so many amazing exclusive games that everyone should try! Here's a few more!

    AMIGA EXCLUSIVES :: Part 2 | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 136

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muRte For This Useful Post:


  9. #186
    Jackhammer's Avatar
    Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    17,223
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 1,962 Times in 231 Posts
    EP Points
    8225

    Default

    The Amiga was another favourite of mine. So many good games, especially after upgrading from a Spectrum. The Dizzy series looked great after playing the Speccy versions, also Rainbow Islands and Stormlord. I liked puzzle based games such as Benefactor, One Step Beyond and Pushover. But I could go on all day about how many good game the Amiga had, so I'll leave it there.

    Another good video, thanks.

  10. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 551 Times in 175 Posts
    EP Points
    4865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    The Amiga was another favourite of mine. So many good games, especially after upgrading from a Spectrum. The Dizzy series looked great after playing the Speccy versions, also Rainbow Islands and Stormlord. I liked puzzle based games such as Benefactor, One Step Beyond and Pushover. But I could go on all day about how many good game the Amiga had, so I'll leave it there.

    Another good video, thanks.
    I have fond memories of Cannon Fodder and Alien Breed on the amiga , though me and my brother went the opposite way. We moved from sinclair to ATARI ST (better sound / music capabilities on it, sort of).
    Spoiler warning:

    Check out my own music at:
    https://crash-headroom.bandcamp.com/

  11. #188
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 256 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    168
    EP Points
    1280

    Default

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions, guys! Truly appreciate it!
    More Amiga Exclusive games will come

  12. #189
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 256 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    168
    EP Points
    1280

    Default

    Let's take a look at 18 video games + related stuff that I managed to grab during the last 3 months! There's stuff for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, the original Xbox and the ZX Spectrum!
    Enjoy!

    PICKUPS 15: Games + Hardware + Stuff | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 137

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muRte For This Useful Post:


  14. #190
    Jackhammer's Avatar
    Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    17,223
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 1,962 Times in 231 Posts
    EP Points
    8225

    Default

    I like the look of the Spectrum DivIDE. Only thing is I'd be scared of knocking it whilst the Speccy is switched on, I had a Multiface for one of my rubber keyboard versions and killed it by accidentally knocking the Multiface whilst the machine was powered on.

  15. #191
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 256 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    168
    EP Points
    1280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    I like the look of the Spectrum DivIDE. Only thing is I'd be scared of knocking it whilst the Speccy is switched on, I had a Multiface for one of my rubber keyboard versions and killed it by accidentally knocking the Multiface whilst the machine was powered on.
    Yeah, we must be very careful with these devices. But I can say that this one is really hard to plug in and out! It really sticks to the Speccy's board and we must apply a huge ammount of force to remove it

  16. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 256 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    168
    EP Points
    1280

    Default The PlayStation :: TECH in a MINUTE | It's a Pixel THING

    Let's talk about the PlayStation, in a minute... more or less

    The PlayStation :: TECH in a MINUTE | It's a Pixel THING

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muRte For This Useful Post:


  18. #193
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 256 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    168
    EP Points
    1280

    Default The TurboGrafx 16 / PC Engine :: TECH in a MINUTE | It's a Pixel THING

    Let's talk about the TurboGrafx16 / PC Engine, in a minute... more or less

    The TurboGrafx 16 / PC Engine :: TECH in a MINUTE | It's a Pixel THING

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muRte For This Useful Post:


  20. #194
    Jackhammer's Avatar
    Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    17,223
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 1,962 Times in 231 Posts
    EP Points
    8225

    Default

    I picked up a new old stock PAL Turbografx with an Everdrive a while back. Pac-Land is a particular favourite of mine on this system.

  21. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 256 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries
    168
    EP Points
    1280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    I picked up a new old stock PAL Turbografx with an Everdrive a while back. Pac-Land is a particular favourite of mine on this system.
    Cool! I realy want an everdrive for mine Thanks for sharing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us

We are the oldest retro gaming forum on the internet. The goal of our community is the complete preservation of all retro video games. Started in 2001 as EmuParadise Forums, our community has grown over the past 18 years into one of the biggest gaming platforms on the internet.

Social