Thread: Issue with Street Fighter Alpha 3 - MAME 0.154

Thanks

Default Issue with Street Fighter Alpha 3 - MAME 0.154

Hello, I recently downloaded a copy of SFA3, the parent version required to run it, Euro 980904 to be specific.

When I run MAME, the initial menu will state that it is working. However, if I attempt to run it, MAME will give me the "ROM or CHD files missing" error and refuse to run it. I can't seem to see any reason why this would happen, so any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

meh, gotta update the emulator again

*sigh* come on, hurry up and refresh the list. this is one of the most annoying parts of using MAME imo, refreshing the available ROM list after downloading a game as it takes longer and longer as they expand the list with each new version.

29%... i'll edit this post once this slow refresh process is finished

edit: interesting, qsound is a device rom needed to run some games. first i've heard of device roms but anyway http://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-...Q-Sound/164687 download this and put it in your roms directory with the street fighter game and it'll work like normal.
    Last edited by treos; 6th-August-2014 at 12:36.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to treos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ah, I figured it might have been an issue involving a device ROM, but after trying with just the BIOS pack I sort of left that trail. Thanks for the assistance!