Thread: Got Homepage I didn't want, Please help

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Got Homepage I didn't want, Please help

Hi, earlier today I tried to get MGS2 Substance for PC, I went to the torrent site ''the Pirate bay'' I downloaded an installer, and ran the installer, it offered me computer programs (of course) I declined to all their offers, but somehow, the adware was installed anyway, I got MyPCBackup, and a search engine called Isearch123, I've dealt with MyPCBackup before, so getting rid of it was a piece of cake, but the search engine is confusing me, I tried using Iobit Uninstaller, it was still there, I tried using the built in uninstall, still there, I tried deleting EVERY file associated with it, still standing, I tried removing it in the add-ons tab of Mozilla Firefox, nothing, I tried changing my homepage to the default homepage, at this point I was pissed off, I tried blocking the site, nothing, I even tried a system restore point ( I create 1 every day just in case) It wouldn't die, I tried a few more things, still nothing, if anyone here has any suggestions, please tell me, I looked up Isearch123 and apparently it's a virus, please help, my Internet Browser is Firefox, my default search engine is also Firefox, and my hatred for this virus is strong. Please help!

Thanks
    EP Points

Even when deleting the obvious files associated with malware like this, there's a good chance it has more hiding in places like your temp folders. More importantly, it's also probably created some startup entries, so we'll want to check that out. Go to your start menu, type msconfig into the search box, and hit enter. Go to the Services tab and check "Hide all Microsoft services", and disable anything left over that you don't recognize. Then go to the startup tab and disable anything you don't recognize there (usually you can disable anything under the Startup tab without messing up Windows). Restart your computer and see if it's still resetting your homepage etc.

If that didn't help at all, try installing Malwarebytes (download here). Once it's installed and updates its virus definitions go ahead and run a full scan; shouldn't take too long compared to most AV programs. Once it's done, let it delete/quarantine whatever it finds, then restart once it's done.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you, the Malwarebytes did the trick,