Thread: Here are all my Emulatio Problems

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Here are all my Emulatio Problems

Recently I've been posting threads that ask people to help with my Emulation Problems, but I only post 1 problem at a time, so this time I'm going to go ahead and tell all of my Problems, a few of them are in Nintendo Emulators, so sorry if I posted this in the wrong Sub-Forum. Any and all help will be Greatly appreciated.

My Hardware Specs are Windows 7 Professional Laptop, dual Core, each core running at 2.6 GHZ, 4GB of Ram, Graphics Card made by Intel(R)

PCSX2:
    General, all games lag slightly during the ''Sony Computer Entertainment America presents'' Start-up cutscene, and Lag severely during the PS2 Logo. Then depending on what game I'm playing, that game will go into it's own Sub-Category of errors.

.GTA San Andreas :runs perfectly until you get in-game, then it will run at 50%-75% speed, this Same problem applies to GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories.

. MGS2 Substance: I created a separate thread explaining problems for this game, but I Plan to get the PC version instead.

Settings for PCSX2: Emotion Engine is set to Recomplier, and IOP, EE/FPU advanced recomplier options is set to Chop-0, and normal, Vu0 and vu1 are set to MicroVURecomplier, and Advanced Options are set to Chop-Zero, and Normal, Frame-limiting is enabled, Synchronized MTGS is Disabled, Base Framrate adjust is 100%, Slow-motion adjust is at 50%, then turbo adjust is at 200%, frame skipping is disabled, speed-hacks are enabled with everything at 3, enable INCT Spin detection, loop detection, and mVU Flag hack are enabled. Manual game fixes are off.

ePSXe: General, no analog or rumble support

GTA: Freezes during first logo

Spyro the Dragon: Works at full speed, but I can't get Analog or rumble to work.

Spyro 2, same as Spyro 1

Spyro 3, same as Previous 2.

Final Fantasy VII, it use to work, but I recently changed my settings, now it doesn't load at all.

All other games work fine,

ePSXe Configuration: Video: P.E.Op.S OpenGL Driver 1.78, Audio: P.E.Op.S DSound Audio Driver 1.9, CDROM:Xevens Cdr Driver 0.93, all plugins are using default settings. Bios: SCPH100000, sorry if I put to many Zeros.

PCSX-Reloaded: I haven't configured anything at all, it's default, except controller plugin, the plugin is lilypad and I configured it for an X box360 controller

Spider-Man 2 Enter Electro: Doesn't get past 1st Loading screen.

Baldies: Like anyone knows of this game, but I like it, anyway, audio is extremely glitchy

Spyro 1, 2, and 3, Spyro works perfectly except when you kill enemies, then it lags, after you kill about 10 enemies, the lag stops. Spyro 2: every 15 seconds or so the game freezes for about 0.5 seconds, Spyro 3 runs perfectly.

Final Fantasy VII doesn't load at all. Which is unfortunate, I wanted to play that game.

Frogger: a little lag during 1st level, but it eventually runs at full speed.

Dolphin 4.0.1: I know this isn't Sony System related but who cares. Also, earlier I posted a thread detailing problems with Wind Waker and Melee, check that out.

Dolphin Config: Enable dual Core, enable idle skipping, enable cheats, 60FPS limit, limit by FPS is off, JTTIL Recomplier default Audio settings, in graphics, all the boxes are unchecked in enhancements. In Hacks, Disable Frame buffer, all the other hacks are enabled except disable destination alpha. Everything else in hacks is unchecked.

MGS the Twin Snakes: Runs at 75% Speed, when I turn on frame skip, the top left corner of the screen turns into a black square.

Pikmin 2, I haven;t tested it extensively, but it lags during cut scenes, and I need to change the engine to experimental Recomplier for it to even start, I haven't played enough to get in game.

That all, believe it or not, I was holding back on detail, if you want more details, just ask.

Thanks

Uh huh uh huh, Unfortunatly i don't think you will get much more speed from your hardware, unless you know what model your graphics card is??

As for blank screens and other Game/Graphic/Sound specific problems, you maybe able to get help from someone else on the emulator section of the forum 'PS2 thread's etc.

Oh and to be more helpful, Dolphin 4.0+ is slower than older versions because of the persuit of accuracy and doing away with hack's stated on their website and Pcsx2 is GPU intensive but both are constantly being improved. Even high end pc's can have problems with performance (The nature of emulation?). But depending on compatibilty and if you want to enhance the graphics settings.

My laptop is duel core 2.5Ghz , 3Gb Ram , 3650 Intergrated Graphics reaching 30-40fps for dolphin and pcsx2.. but as soon as a intensive bit of level or effect then typically saw drops to 15fps or lower.

But you should be able to run everything up to Dreamcast (NullDC) was very playable even on laptop. Ps1 has lots of great emulators and should easily run full speed for you with ePSXe 1.7 like MaslowK said.
    Last edited by NINJAGIRL--X--; 27th-July-2014 at 09:42.

i7 4770k 4.2Ghz , 16Gb 2133Mhz , GTX 780Ti 3072MB

Thanks
    EP Points

You're probably not going to get particularly good performance out of either PCSX2 or Dolphin; the Intel integrated video chipsets in laptops generally aren't powerful enough unfortunately. Not much you can do here.

As for PS1 emulation, you shouldn't have any performance related issues using ePSXe (1.7 or newer). I recommend using either one of the "Pete's D3D" drivers or one of the OpenGL ones for 3D games, and P.E.Op.S Soft Driver for 2D games. For those plugins, try these settings initially;

These are fairly low quality settings for your specs but should run most games fine. After making sure games run right you can mess with the resolution and texture quality/filtering settings to get better results.

If FF7 still won't load there's probably something more obscure foobared with your ePSXe configuration; I'd recommend just completely clearing the configuration at this point. To do that, make sure the emulator is closed then go to your start menu, type regedit into the search box, then hit enter. Once the Registry Editor pops up, expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER, then Software. You should see a folder named "epsxe"; right click that and select Delete. Then log out of windows and back in (or just restart your computer) and run ePSXe. It should give you the setup wizard again, and hopefully after redoing your graphics settings the game should load fine.

As for the analog issues I have no idea why they wouldn't be registering (assuming they work in other games/emulators), and not sure about the rumble issue either. Others here will probably know what's going on with that though.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 27th-July-2014 at 09:18.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

@ Ninja Girl X, I looked around control panel, couldn't find a single thing about my graphics card, but my computer is made by HP, if that helps at all, also several PS2 Games work at full speed, so it would make sense that GameCube Games, which is easier to emulate then PS2, would run at full speed, along with several ''less complex" PS2 games. Atleast they should run at full speed with the right settings. Is there a specific configuration for PCSX2 and Dolphin you would recommend? @MasLowk, excuse me if I sound like an idiot, but I think my computer is good enough for Most PS2, and all Gamecube games, I think this because Kingdom Hearts I works at full speed with the right settings, so why rule out lag because incorrect config? On to PS1, Analog and Rumble is working in PCSX-Reloaded, but ePSXe, so it's not a big deal. Finally, in Super Smash Brothers Melee, it chrashes if I use cheats, why?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Please, if these aren't new emulation issues you are having, stick to your original threads instead of posting duplicates.

Also, it's always preferred to post unrelated emulation issues in their own threads and in their respective subforums.