Thread: Problems with PCSX2 1.2.1

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Problems with PCSX2 1.2.1

I've been having a few problems with PCSX2 games, first off in Kingdom Hearts I and II, there have been lagging problems, the game runs at full Speed for 30 seconds, then it slows down to 50-30 FPS, then it goes back to full speed, I kinda fixed this problem by using speed hacks, the lag is still there but the FPS never goes below 50. Also, sometimes 2D images like in-Game poster disappear when you get to close to them.

Now and to MGS2 Substance:

It loads up fine and it goes at full speed throughout the 3D intro and menus, but during the 1st cutscene, it lags severely, sometimes it goes as low as 10FPS, also certain objects like cars are Semi-Transparent, during Codec calls, it slows down then speeds up over and over again, which makes Characters sound like they forget what they are saying then suddenly remember. finally, in gameplay the FPS is 15-18 FPS, and the audio sounds like a giant bee buzzing.

Last but least, Every other game has moderate lag, but I only care about Kingdom Hearts I and II, and MGS2 so I won't talk about the other games in detail.

My Hardware Specs are:

.Daul Core each core running at 2.6 GHZ

.4 GB of RAM

.Video card is made by Intel(R)

If you need more information, just ask, this is just the basics, I didn't go in details Because I wanted to save time.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Daraghy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Big difference between KH and Metal Gear. You're probably out of luck with Metal Gear. Speed Hacks can start to cause graphics glitches as well the higher you put them but if it's only minor things maybe you could live with them. KH should work relatively for you though.

You can always switch to software mode and set rendering threads to 2 and of course keep it at native resolution. Since you have an Intel graphics chipset you can also try looking for one of the "cutie" gsdx plugin from as they seem to work well with Intel graphics if you want to try sticking with hardware mode (I did this on my old laptop and saw about a 5fps increase - just google it they're everywhere) Should probably just stick with an SSE2 one.

All I got for now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

There's a PC version of Substance

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    There's a PC version of Substance

I wouldn't know as I am of the opinion that Metal Gear sucks

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks, I'll get that first thing tomorrow, do you think my Computer is good enough to run it at full speed?

Thank you very much, Kingdom Hearts I works perfectly, I haven't tested Kingdom Hearts II yet though, I'll tell you when I have.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 27th-July-2014 at 03:58. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah the pc version should be easier on your system - maybe not maxed out but it should run fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright, I tested Kingdom Hearts II, it works perfectly, also, I can't find a legit source to get MGS2 Substance, any website Suggestions?

Thanks
    EP Points

I still think it's crazy you were able to get any PS2 or GC emulation done well on an intel graphics chipset; definitely a first for me. That said I'm pretty curious as to which one you have exactly for future reference. Best way to get your exact CPU model (can be important for figuring out if that's part of your problem with performance) is using CPU-Z, and for your graphics hardware you can use GPU-Z. Here are a couple links;

http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.70-en.zip

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

On CPU-Z, the Name, Codename and Specification parts will tell us what you've got CPU wise, and on GPU-Z the Name, GPU and Revision parts are what you should list here.

EDIT: Also sometimes, as they update PCSX2 and Dolphin, it breaks compatibility with games that worked fine before. Check out this link for PCSX2 and this link for Dolphin for lists of emulator versions people have gotten specific games working on best.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 27th-July-2014 at 23:03.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually just looked it up and didn't realize it was that old - Your PC shouldn't have any trouble playing it maxed out (MGS2 Substance)

As for where sorry don't know but I or someone else could probably find it and send you a pm. I doubt it's hard to find given the popularity of the series.

Edit: PM sent.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 27th-July-2014 at 23:22.