Thread: Sony agrees to $15m Digital Content Settlement Over PSN Data Breach (back in 2011)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Sony agrees to $15m Digital Content Settlement Over PSN Data Breach (back in 2011)

Sony Computer Entertainment America has agreed to provide $15 million worth of digital content to those affected by the PSN data breach of April 2011.

In the wake of the original issue, which compromised many users’ data, Sony offered a Welcome Back package of two free PS3 games, two free PSP games and a limited free PlayStation Plus membership. However, thanks to a class action lawsuit it looks like they’re going to have to dish out even more.

Sony has offered to provide $15 million worth of digital content to affected users, but the deal has yet to be approved by a judge. Should it go through then users will be offered the content in a variety of ways.

For those that had a PSN account in 2011 and did not claim the Welcome Back pack, the deal suggests that two of the following options will be offered; one PS3 or PSP game from a choice of fourteen, three PS3 themes from a choice of six and a three months subscription to PS Plus. Selecting the same option twice is possible.

Those that did claim the Welcome Pack will be able to pick just one of the options.

In addition to this, anyone who had a Qriocity account during the breach is eligible to a free month of Music Unlimited. SOE games customers will be entitled to $4.50 of free Station Cash, according to the proposed deal.
    Source: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...ta-Breach.html

Interesting. If it's true I'll dig out all my old PSN accounts to get some free games.
    If it wasn't for that PSN outage in 2011, I probably wouldn't have bought and gone back to the 360 then, I was bored of not being able to play online.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I'd say this will be for US accounts only

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I'd say this will be for US accounts only
    Oh.

Thanks

I hope it isn't a selection of games that Sony will choose to be available. I hope we get a $25-50 credit to the PSN and we can choose what we want. I'd get Injustice: Gods Among us, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, or Soul Calibur II.
    Cpu: Pentium(R) 4 2.66GHz Ram: 2.67GHz 2.00GB HD 500GB
    Video: Radeon X1300/1500 OS: Microsoft Windows XP
    * Xbox Modified Console 300GB (Vision4/Coin OPs 6 R9)
    * Hyperspin w/ 50 Emulators/Roms 500GB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by aliens8us View Post
    I hope it isn't a selection of games that Sony will choose to be available. I hope we get a $25-50 credit to the PSN and we can choose what we want. I'd get Injustice: Gods Among us, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, or Soul Calibur II.
    Expect a selection of Sony games, I don't think 3rd party games are going to be involved...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dammit, Sony! You can't afford this!