Page 114 of 264 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3947

Thread: The Boredlands-Out: Bite and don't let it go (EXPLOSIONS)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not saying you don't. It just seems like you focus more on revealing appointments or symptoms than you do reviewing game stuff. Its depressing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prude View Post
    He didn't deserve to be shot and killed, but the cop had probable cause. And the kid gave him a swollen face.

Don't fuck with a police officer and rush him, you're going to get shot. period end of story
    One problem; he was shot six times, twice in the head. That is incredibly unnecessary, even in the heat of the moment, plus video just came out revealing that the police hid part of the video showing Brown paying for those cigars he supposedly stole.

That officer still needs to be held accountable for his actions, and the entire force desperately needs to be restaffed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    To me this isn’t a racial issue, this is an issue with both the training patrol cops receive and the fact they're given lethal weapons.
    That's really debatable when you look at the astronomically unbalanced arrest records and how majorly white the force is. I think it's a mix of both, really.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In less depressing posting, this.

rurumo23.jpg

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cicadas NEVER shut up. NEVER EVER shut up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Not saying you don't. It just seems like you focus more on revealing appointments or symptoms than you do reviewing game stuff. Its depressing.
    I mostly focus more on it because it's a bit stressful for me...I did review the 8 in 1 though. Just been too tired to post it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That tree is her hat.

tf2.png

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    From the witness accounts Brown was shot once while they were struggling through the car window, then he attempted to run and the cop gave chase firing after him. Supposedly he fired a shot at his back, which now looks like it didn't connect. At which point Brown turned around and the cop shot him several times from the front, killing him.

It's tragic that the kid is dead, it should never have happened and I feel terribly for his friends and his family. And I agree with you 100%, the police have handled the aftermath really poorly and have been slow as fuck releasing information so I can't blame the people in that town for thinking there's a cover up going on. But here's the thing: it doesn't matter who you are, if you run from a police officer you're going to get your shit wrecked regardless. Doubly so since it's now looking like the kid hit him. The cop clearly exercised poor judgment. He acted in anger and there's absolutely no question he needs to be held accountable for that, but for the internet to act like this had something to do with the colour of the kid’s skin is ridiculous. The town has a predominantly black population. To me this isn’t a racial issue, this is an issue with both the training patrol cops receive and the fact they're given lethal weapons.
    Fully agree with you. And I'd add something. The internet is stupid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    That's really debatable when you look at the astronomically unbalanced arrest records and how majorly white the force is. I think it's a mix of both, really.
    If you have any links regarding arrest records in Ferguson I'd be interested to see, I had a quick look but couldn't find anything substantial. Depending on how unbalanced they are you need to keep in mind 65% of the town's population is black vs 30% white though.
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Ferguson-Missouri.html

Even so, there's a difference between arresting someone and shooting them dead. And in this case I don't think Brown's race is the issue. I'm not saying racial profiling doesn't exist because it unequivocally does, it's idiotic to say it doesn't, but I think it's a lazy argument in this case and it's distracting from the larger issues, which are police training and the weapons they're issued with. It doesn't matter what colour you are, if you assault a cop and try to flee the gloves are going to come off.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 18th-August-2014 at 15:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

Project CARS looks amazing. I knew I recognised the developer's name... The guys behind Shift 1/2. Oh god yes, I'm getting this.

And it's not coming out on 360 and PS3. Thank god for that, cross-gen my arse.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Project CARS looks amazing. I knew I recognised the developer's name... The guys behind Shift 1/2. Oh god yes, I'm getting this.

And it's not coming out on 360 and PS3. Thank god for that, cross-gen my arse.
    But Shift was anything but fun to play :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    But Shift was anything but fun to play :/
    Once I got into the hard to get used to physics I really liked it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Once I got into the hard to get used to physics I really liked it.
    I think that Drive Club game might finally be coming out as well.... you going to grab it or avoid it?

With the huge delay that game has seen, I'd personally be pretty skeptical about it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    I think that Drive Club game might finally be coming out as well.... you going to grab it or avoid it?

With the huge delay that game has seen, I'd personally be pretty skeptical about it.
    Drive Club, The Crew and Project CARS are on my to buy list. I need a driving game for the 4.

And I'll be getting F1 2014, but unfortunately that's a PS3 release.

Thanks

Don't forget, the guy who did the preliminary autopsy has said that there are no signs on Mr. Brown's body that he was involved in an altercation.