Thread: new concept to eliminate issues with system emulation conflicts anyone help???

Thanks

Lightbulb new concept to eliminate issues with system emulation conflicts anyone help???

ok so daemon tools can mount iso files as a virtual drive....ive seen a guy emulate a floppy drive with a rasberry pi.... these things are cheap like $25 and cheaper yet if you really hunt them out...so the question is how can this code be modified to make the pi run a similar code to interface with the system and show itself as an actual disk... with the ps2 i would think this could be by taking the basics from a ps underground disk and mod it so you can go to sub levels and use it as a standard file explorer then tell the rasberry pi it can boot say 5 iso files if you say push all l/r buttons and toggle direction to launch next disk for games that require you to swap disks with the system running and we could also get it to boot say a version of ar max or codebreaker whatever with full emulation of the disk drive which could be even better if we could get this to interface through the phat network adapter as this could replace that entirely....and then for $25 we could put iso on a flash driver or external hdd or whatever....i dont know how to program but this seams like the best option as so many of the games i love are not supported by the present hacks like the hdloader and opsl
    and half the ones that do it seems need all this extra patch work.... cant we just emulate the disk and have it done...ive put in a good bit of cash into my systems and i hate dreading that day when the thing dies cause certain parts will only last so long... this goes for my 360 as well and any console in theory could be bypassed by swapping in a simple rasberry pi...but im no programmer so hope someone out there can get this one for me...ive already tried contacting daemon tools but i doubt to hear from them...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not going to happen, the closest you get to that is already there in way of HDL and OPSL

The way to do that would be to replace the CD/DVD with a new board to run an HDD SD or flash memory from

rasberry pi is just a mini computer that can have emulators on it but for it to work with a PS2 it would still just act as a memory device from USB so no faster than the USB ports that are very slow to start with (It's not USB 2.0 that is a much faster port) and would still need something like USB loader or OPSL (OPSL could be a better option though using a pi as a networked storage with a fast USB or SATA storage device) (OPSL (via internal HDD) HDLoader is faster but is for a FAT PS2 using the Network adapter plus an internal HDD)

I would recommend using ESR and just run from DVD that is far from perfect either but most games run smoothly and there are methods for some games to make them run smoother if there are stuttering issues

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

the intent is to either mount the pi inside the ps2 to be recognised (through a modified version of daemon tools ) as the authentic ps2 drive and sequentially loading disks triggered by some method maybe even able to configure to lead a second switch out of the ps2 to toggle the device manually.....this should eliminate the compatibility issues caused by the emulators....also the comunication could be made via the port for the na to emulate the ethernet and hdd if programmed correctly... so that it would think you had the authentic sony hardware.... yes esr patching does make most games work but a $25 dollar pi could make the system immortal almost....vs the 3 year life span on the laser lense....which can only be replaced as long as the parts are still available and a new system costs about $30... which is the likely method people would go unless we can figure a way to make our systems last forever and be more convenient it shouldnt be a far stretch to decompile daemon tools to python and instead of mounting as md5 to mount as ps2 net/hdd or disk..... adding a default "iso" to interface the the custom imaged disks and provide a basic ui is a secondary concept that would be more convenient than having to switch cables from pi to ps2
    Last edited by firobug; 19th-July-2014 at 20:31.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That still would simply not work

A PS2 exec would have to be made that emulated the CD/DVD drive from the CD/DVD interface on the PS2, hence the need for a new circuit board, the pi itself would not be needed and have no use at all and just use any sort of storage

Having programs on a pi like Daemon Tools will not interact with the PS2

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR