Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pseudo Saturn, a new Saturn mod via an Action Replay.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm very new to these methods.

I own a Action Replay 4 in 1 by EMS and a japanese white SegaSaturn.

Is Atlas the best method today ? I've understood that i'm going to loose the cheat part of my device - i never use it anyway - unlike the "universal bios" but what about the 4 ram? I've read here and there that it can boot these games but does not take advantage of the extra ram (what about Real Bount Special? It can't load without the extra ram card). Is it still true? Do i need a second AR, one for Atlas and one for my 2d games? So what about the games that use the 4 ram like Street Fighter 3 zero (i own it on Dreamcast but i'd love to play it with the saturn pad) with Atlas ? Is it possible to load with Atlas and then change the card with a normal AR?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The ram is hardware so after flashing a cart that has the Ram feature it is not going to go away as it is part of the hardware and not controlled via software

Where did you read that the ram is not taken advantage of I don't remember seeing that????

Cheats and saves go by the way

Atlas is still the best all round flasher but only for compatibility as it will flash anything but there is an better Action Replay flasher that is more user friendly but it may not work with your chip set inside the AR+4M

Yes you can re-flash the card back to the original firmware you do that exactly the same way as you Pseudo flash it, Atlas has the firmware on it to do that

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've read it on other forums, not here but i think it's from people who don't own the card and the saturn and try to figure out an answer!

Thanks for the answer, i'll give a try to Atlas next weekend.

Thanks

I've just downloaded 0.832 and burned it to disc. However when I try to update my Action Replay 4M which already has 0.831 on it says "HW Not Detected".

Do I need to reflash with the original then update?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use the atlus disc instead in post #4 http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...63#post1763463

No though you do not need to flash it back to the original

Flashing software does not read the existing contents anyway, the HW is IDed via the hardware itself not the software on it

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I tried to package the atlus disc with the last firm 832 and i recibe the error

Unrecognized cd

00 00 00 00 00

How i can fix this?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Atlas with updated version

Pseudo set is listed as PS### ### = 830 to 832
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Zorlon can you make a version with the latest cafealpha v3.777 (2015.03.26) with the latest PseudoSaturn v0.832 FINAL firmware?. Much Appreciated.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spec2K View Post
    Zorlon can you make a version with the latest cafealpha v3.777 (2015.03.26) with the latest PseudoSaturn v0.832 FINAL firmware?. Much Appreciated.
    http://ppcenter.webou.net/pskai/ he done it today

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the info Zorlon.

Thanks

Hello im having some trouble flashing my action replay cart, its a 4-in-1 genuine , i boot up to the atlas and when i try to flash it says flash failed, so i keep on retrying and nothing then the discs stops spinning and the system shuts down, when i turn it on without the cd my cart doesnt work , did i brick the cart? and if so can i ever use it again ? or just have to order a new one ? so frustrating

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

you can flash it back to the original firmware using Atlas or you can try out the flasher cafealpha done, his page is linked in post #99

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    you can flash it back to the original firmware using Atlas or you can try out the flasher cafealpha done, his page is linked in post #99

Thank you so much Zorlon , for your creation as well as your knowledge , i meant to say when it was flashing the cd stopped spinning , because i used the cardboard method instead of taping the system from the inside , so i figured that i should just turn it off while it was doing it but i bricked it sadly. it was a mistake on my part but i got it on my second cart so all is good ! thanks for answering and im glad the saturn hasn't died in the eyes of gamers !

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The other cart should still be recoverable

A failed flash just means it will no act as normal but it should still detect via flashing software and be flashable too

What are the Vender and Device ID's

P.S. there are tons of different 4in1 carts (all look the same from the outside and inside but the main chips are various)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    The other cart should still be recoverable

A failed flash just means it will no act as normal but it should still detect via flashing software and be flashable too

What are the Vender and Device ID's

P.S. there are tons of different 4in1 carts (all look the same from the outside and inside but the main chips are various)

from what i know its a Ems 4in1 cart , if its recoverable how can i dectect it using the swap disc method ? do i leave it in the system then but a game then swap with the flasher ?