Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pseudo Saturn, a new Saturn mod via an Action Replay.

Thanks

Im going to give it another go with the image yoiu have there now i need to find out why this works on yours and not mine or kona's

Thanks

Holyshit i just noticed a big difference here ! Im wondering if this is the major reason ? Check this out same version 0.831 Yours is the top pic mine is bottom Difference.jpg

@zorlon do you have the patcher for the iso's im just curious...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-August-2015 at 16:24.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That shouldn't make a difference

give me a sec I will try and find the patcher

... it was removed, but I will tell you how to do this manually

First open the bin with a hex editor (one that can handle large files)
    replace
    53 45 47 41 20 53 45 47 41 53 41 54 55 52 4E 20 SEGA SEGASATURN
    with
    50 53 45 55 44 4F 20 53 41 54 55 52 4E 20 20 20 PSEUDO SATURN
    20 = a space (so PSEUDO SATURN is followed by 3 spaces)

save it

open the modified bin with CD-Mage

Scan then repair and close the prog

Finally burn using the usual settings

CD-Mage is only used to repair the CD image checksum but that is a must
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-August-2015 at 16:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yeah I figured but worth a shot I can almost bank on it. Also much appreciated this is a great learning experience and again ty so much !

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I may still have the patcher just not sure where it would be, could be on my laptop but not used it for some time now or it may be on one of my USB HDD drives but I have 5 of those and they are not small drives (4x2TB and a 4TB drive) and they are all just about full

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Oh boy guess i need to find these programs and are they free ?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

CD-Mage is free http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?24683 <- is a guide for that also has the prog there (Don't think the official site exists now)

Hex editing.. HxD is free think that can handle large files, I used WinHex back then but that is pay for software, but to be honest I have used both and found HxD just as capable http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ <- official site

EDIT: stupid smilies removed

P.S. the patch thing was only needed for the previous version, the need for that was removed though.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-August-2015 at 16:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Ok i tried that says 300 corrupted and did reapir it only did 1 repair does that seam right ?

I think i did something wrong ugh..

Im about to give up it still says sega saturn real disc located when i burn the cd and still doing the same results. When i go back to look at the image in the hex editor again after cd-mage it looks like it seems to revert back to the same hex numbers with sega saturn. FML lol
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-August-2015 at 19:24.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It should only say 1 or 2 bad sectors

P.S. we don't like double posting here but there is an edit post option so you can add as much as you like

Merged the posts for you though this time

EDIT try again from a fresh extracted copy but when you get to the CD-Mage part open the Cue file not the Bin file

after the scan it should find 1 corrupted sector at sector 150

once repaired you can close the prog as it applied the fix directly to the image and saves automatically

EDIT Hmm reverted for me also

I would check the disc I burned ages ago but I don't have a CD Burner at the moment

EDIT AGAIN:- Try the Rebuild Sector Fields option instead or Repair, you are welcome to open it up in HxD to double check (The guide does say try the other option if the Repair option does not work, it is one of my older guides, well not done many since I created the bunch I done back then)

In HxD Offset 810 should be corrected after the Rebuild Sectors Field is done (it's 810 of Sector 150 also if viewed in CD-Mage via the Sector Browser)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-August-2015 at 19:48.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Well I got it work all i did was use the hex editor replaced the hex code as you mention replaced it in the 2 spots it found and deleted the cue file and burned the bin file in its lowest setting and it loaded it right up didn't use cd-mage at all. Either way it worked freakin awesome man ! I know it should not require a patch but it did the trick is that the same string for all the games that may require a patch which shouldn't I know but pretty cool man. TY again !

Edit - Let me know if you want the link to the patch bin file.
    Last edited by Michael Cuscuna; 28th-August-2015 at 20:41.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's only the one instance you need to replace (the first one) and that is the same for every Saturn game from every region

I'm a little shocked that worked at all as burning a bin on it's own negates any CDDA tracks that all Saturn games have at least 1 CDDA track though for this game it is just a Audio CD warning saying something like that it is a Saturn CD do not play in a CD player or some junk

CD-Mage is still recommended though open the cue then Scan Sectors then use the Rebuild Sector option, it will always be in sector 150 (so the scan can be set between 150 and 151)

Always burn via the cue file to make sure you have all the CD tracks even a few of the games with a single CDDA track can end up not working as the Game code often checks the discs tracks

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Interesting as I was shocked as well. Was there any other games that required a patch in the previous build ?
    I know that none should but I figure I test it out while I'm on a roll here LOL.
    Again cant take you enough. Thrilled that it works.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In the previous build all games required the patch

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I noticed some Saturn ARs on ebay recently and from what I gather they aren't genuine...
    descriptions:
    - Third party made product
    - Compatible with Sega Saturn
    - Completely retain all the action replay's function: Cheat codes and 4 Meg Backup memory.
    - With 4M expand RAM Card function inside.
    - Allow USA/JAPAN/EUROPE version's games.
    - Datel's software is not compatible to this Action Replay 4M Plus
    So these are useless?

Edit: They're EMS brand.

Edit 2: I had a look on assemblergames and saw this
    07/17/2014: Added support for newer EMS AR 4M Plus, Xinga AR clone carts.
    so I guess they do work.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 29th-August-2015 at 04:35.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

EMS and Datel products (for the Saturn) are made by the same people they are all EMS products

My Action Replay 4MPlus is EMS one of the new ones with no serial port on it, got it brand new not that long before PSEUDO was released (Does not say it's by Datel on that one though [Don't remember if the board said it was either though]) and works just fine and was one of the first to flash it and post results on it

I also have an EMS Memory Card (The board has Datel stamped on it though) no idea if that is flashable I try not to use it though as it hardlky ever detects correctly as the board is a little too thick for the Saturn port

P.S. The support added is just for a flasher not the actual code you insert.
    The Atlus disc can flash to almost every flashable cart anyway and reflash back to whatever the original code was that is on the cart providing it has a dump on it of the code
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-August-2015 at 07:37.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: