Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pseudo Saturn, a new Saturn mod via an Action Replay.

Thanks
    EP Points

So does this happen...Cartridge and CD inserted, power on, the Pseudo Menu loads and you select Start Game. The screen says detected real Saturn disc and you get the 3 second countdown, game tries to load then goes to the Saturn Menu? If so, what is the icon in the top left of the menu, is it a disc, or a disc with a ring around it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DCR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Nope but a simple switch can be added to the back of the saturn (just under the battery) or even just solder two loose wires that can be connected to give 60Hz or seperated for 50Hz my Saturns are both PAL and version 1, not so sure version 2 of the Saturn or all Saturn can have this done (I am sure there was Saturn 2 instructions though when I was looking at the time) I only looked for the model I am using though

Just google it, the solder points are easy to do even for a noob at soldering that I am

best to do that is you want to play NTSC video mode games as some will either go out of sync and possibly crash at some point some will not even boot, a few run ok at 50Hz though
    Thanks Zorlon. Its a shame really, I have looked into the mods and used to have a modded Saturn from CEX a while ago, but my reasoning is that I have a skeleton Saturn that I dont want to open for the switchless mod, or drill holes into for a switch. Would be great to have it all in a cart that can be interchanged and work with any Saturn.

Thanks

No ive seen that menu in the youtube vids but i don't get that menu. I thought that you'd get that menu only if it read the burned disc? does that menu also pop up with a retail disc? If so i did try a retail disc to make sure that the saturn still read the retail disc and the retail booted, but like normal. Maybe even though i flashed my mem card plus it did'nt work? Do i need to flash and again and choose another option besides action replay with cheats and codes or do you choose that by default even though im using a mem plus card? Maybe my card is dirty but with the lid off it did read the card or otherwise the flash wouldn't have went through. So back to the first i see you say its supposed to show that menu either way and i don't get that menu. Dang i'll clean the cart and re seat it is a b!!!! to pull out. Thanks

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

menu will show for both, but sounds like you flashed it with action replay firmware not pseudo that has no cheats at all in it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-October-2015 at 07:34.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default compatability list....

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    menu will show for both, but sounds like you flashed it with action replay firmware not pseudo that has no cheats at all in it
    Thanks so much Zorlon for these updates. Do you know if .0832 be released soon?

If there a list of actual games that don't work? I'm running action replay plus on .0831.

I'd like to know so I know it's not my bad burn or bad image..

thank you!

Thanks

Well dang. My folder says atlas pseudo installer. Is that not right? It has an iso and a cue file and mp3. I see on a web site 3 kinds original pseudo saturn, atlas, and flasher by cafealpha2. These state they need a mod too at the bottom of the post. I clicked on the original and in the statement cyber warrior says need an action replay. I'm officially confused.
    Would you please point me in the right direction? I need the right file or files and i should be good to go. I've modded a few of my systems and had no problems before. Most of the mods i see on various pages state action replay except for one that i followed i thought to the T. As a matter of fact i got my info from reddit easy guide back up and it says atlas installer and any memory card. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the help thus far.

Thanks

Ok i got the pseudo saturn .831 and it took a few discs. I switched brand and the program i was using. Got pseudo to give me the menu and it says this: error detecting cart. HW not supported. HW I 5347 4743. Any Ideas?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

53 47 47 43 is just hex and = SGGC not sure what that stands for but that is not the usual ID I expect to see from an action replay cart

What disc are you using??? most are restricted to flash to certain ID's, Atlas is not

the most compatible one is the atlas disc attached to post #4 http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...63#post1763463

The Firmware was renamed to PS031.BIN a typo when I made the disc as it happens

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I'm using a memory card plus not an action replay. I'm confused as to why i got the atlas installer, which you said is for action replay to flash successfully and not work. I actually burned a copy of the original pseudo saturn 831 and it said error cart not detected. I also tried the cafealpha flasher it gave me a menu which i chose install firmware from disc. It then showed for id nothing and said at the bottom of the screen would you like to lift the cart to see if it will read, i did and it read the id numbers which were not there before. Then it said press abc to start. I did that and it started writing after it finished writing it said it failed.
    I was under the impression from what i've been reading one of these programs should work. Atlas installed successfully but when i boot up with the cart in i don't get a screen with the box and choice to start disc. Maybe i need to reflash my memory card plus back with the original firmware, but i thought i should be able to reflash over it with something else. I'm pretty bummed. After i revived my modded xbox i jumped to this as i thought it would be pretty simple. At least i now have all three versions of the flashers on disc. If anyone comes up with any ideas i'd appreciate the help. Thanks

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Memory Card Plus is a pain in the ass to get it to detect in the first place

Atlas is maybe the only installer that will work with your device though as it is not limited to certain hardware, the most common device used though is an Action Replay Plus 4M, not sure anyone has used a Memory Card Plus for this

It is simple just not so sure that your device is supported, you can flash it back though as it looks like Pseudo Saturn does not work with it, if it is booting to black screen that is, if it is just running as if not cart is plugged in try and lift it a bit and reset the Saturn

I as it happens own a Memory Card Plus but hardly use it as it does not detect most the time

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Well I used the atlas disc first and followed the directions from the reddit web site. It did flash successfully it just doesn't give me a box selection when I boot up to start game. I'm not sure what to think that means. Why would it flash and say success and not give me a box selection to start the game. Also I chose flash with ar plus codes. Is there another option on that installer where I can hit right on the pad and choose with out codes and cheats? I'm at work till 4:30, so I suppose when I get home i'll try to reflash with the atlas installer incase I messed something up with the other installers and move my cart up a little and see if it'll pick it up. I'm bidding on an action replay atm. Hope to get it cheap because I'm broke. I'm a game collector but these prices today damn near make it impossible to collect for older consoles anymore. Thanks for your help and if you think of anything else that would help, I'm open. Thanks!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

boot up to Start Game??? what does Start Game Look like/what other options are there

flashing a Memory Card Plus with action replay firmware... nope you just flash the binary directly to the device codes and all, though no idea why you would even want to flash that at all unless you wanted to use it as an action replay that I am not even sure is possible, P.S. if you are thinking that would change the hardware it does not, it would just be a memcard plus with action replay firmware on it i.e. the hardware is still the memcard plus no matter what the software/firmware on it is

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

This is what the second flash program I used looks like. The pseudo Saturn program. IMG_5526.jpg then this screen
    IMG_5527.jpg. This is the cd program installer I used after I tried the atlas installer which is the one I assumed your were referring me to use because I had a memory plus cart. I choose intall firmware from cd and it goes to the second screen and shows that error. In the read me text I see a step before burning this iso that says something about cmaker I believe, do I need to build some source it's talking about?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

cmaker is not needed as it is already done

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I was able to restore to the original mcp firmware with ar flasher, but its just weird that the psuedo saturn would error and not detect. Obviously though it can be read because i just flashed to it with the Ar flasher and i flashed to it with atlas but it just goes to the cd screen with a burned game inserted as if it was a music cd. Hopefully i can get a action replay, it may be a while though. Thanks for help.