Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pseudo Saturn, a new Saturn mod via an Action Replay.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Glad you got it working

P.S. the brand does not matter I only say that because almost all of then do have have low quality and high quality it depends on who manufactures them and all brand have more than one manufacturer

basically once you find media that works stick to that

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Is there a way to get Panzer Dragoon Saga running? How should it be patched? I have Pseudo .831 and wondering if it's possible to play it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In the unreleased version it is fixed but currently no it will not work

This is still being worked on but as private builds at the moment, I keep in contact with them so know they have Panzer Dragoon Saga and Panzer Dragoon 2 working

It would still need patching to bypass the action replay protection though as it has protection against the Hardware ID

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Zorlon, I think you are my savior. This is the second time this month your post has been my #1 interest. (first was PSOX gamertag mod)

Anyway, I had heard that this mod works on gamesharks as well as action replay. Has anyone confirmed this? I have a gameshark sitting around, but no AR :z

Also if I want to flash it via PC serial Port, how do i go about doing that? I keep seeing "its possible" as well, but no "Here's what to do after you plug it in" sort of deal, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DujYFV1t5zY

This video says to use PSO31.bin, not sure how to install that in windows.

Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Caiterz; 6th-March-2015 at 04:34.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah that's the disc I made myself he's wrong about the compat (there are a few games that are yet to work) and Panzer Saga (even after patching it will still not work, well not yet anyway)

He over complicated the swap you only need to do a single swap rather than the double shown in the video

Not got time to look just yet but will have a quick look through the source forum and see if anyone uses a Gameshark and see if I can find the PC flash software, but you will need an older PC to use any software as it goes back to the win98 days, hopefully you don't need any special boards like you did for the older Action Replay/Game Shark for the PSX

P.S. EMS used Datel boards that is the same company that made the Action Replay/GameShark, but I will check for you and make sure someone has actually used one

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Yeah, I've got an old PC.... and know my way around installing with compatibility issues! lol.

I tried the swap trick method, and no matter what disc i burnt, i got "Disc drive empty" or "disc not compatible with this system". Burned on lowest speed. It would only recognize one of the discs sometimes (speeding up faster)... the others wouldn't do a thing. Used Sony CDs... its all i've got atm.

I've done swap trick on PS1 just fine, but this saturn just hates me.

Let me know what you come up with! :3 Thanks!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok yes your cart can be flashed and the Atlas disc is the only one worth using but the laser on the Saturn may just not like the media you are using aka those Sony CD-R's (CD-RW's will not work anyway) took some digging but a user does indeed use a GameShark by Interact (the US version of Datel, they are one in the same company)

The media thing is not uncommon though, had a few reports like that

Not had a chance to check the links but http://vberthelot.free.fr/SX/satdev/Tools.html has the comms tools listed

EDIT: download links seem to work just fine
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-March-2015 at 09:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I think i have a bricked AR cart, I should try flashing it. I was able to flash my comm link cart easily. The only problem I had is KOF 97 burn would only let me play a couple rounds before crashing to the bios and requiring me to re-seat the cart entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can reflash your AR via atlas disc boot the disc insert the cart, go to the flashing effort and make sure it detects the hardware

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hey Zorlon, have you heard of a patch yet for the pseudo crash on Panzer Dragoon Saga yet? It freezes for me after i enter my name and shown one more cut scene. Thanks man!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Billysvoid View Post
    Hey Zorlon, have you heard of a patch yet for the pseudo crash on Panzer Dragoon Saga yet? It freezes for me after i enter my name and shown one more cut scene. Thanks man!
    I will be fixed in the next version of pseudo but as of yet it is not released

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I will be fixed in the next version of pseudo but as of yet it is not released
    Thanks for your quick reply! Oh well, I'll wait patiently. Thanks again.

Thanks

PLEASE HELP!

Im trying to do this on a model 2, i have practice a lot the swapping and i can say i finally got the timing, im able to play cdr games by swapping now

BUT when i try to boot atlas-pseudo disk and my saturn wont recognize the format, and im doing correctly.

I have burned it several times using same media and writing speed that my cdr test game.. Im going crazy here what could be wrong?? Please help

Like i said, i have burn a testing game with the same burner, same speed, same medio as im burning atlas, the game starts ok, but with the ATLAS disk i do the same swapping and all i get is this screen: Saturn-Screen2.jpg

Please help

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can do the single swop/swap for this disc if you like it does not need a perfect toc like games do, though personally I still use the double swop/swap

If you are getting that screen still though it is either the burning or the CD-R's even if the media is the same as games that are working using the same discs/burning speed

Burning just make sure it is set to x1 in ImgBurn it will then use the slowest possibly burning speed to get the best burn your burning hardware can do.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-April-2015 at 18:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You can do the single swop/swap for this disc if you like it does not need a perfect toc like games do, though personally I still use the double swop/swap

If you are getting that screen still though it is either the burning or the CD-R's even if the media is the same as games that are working using the same discs/burning speed

Burning just make sure it is set to x1 in ImgBurn it will then use the slowest possibly burning speed to get the best burn your burning hardware can do.

Thanks foor the reply Zorlon..

- I am burning at ImgBurn's 1x speed (i know i will force the buring to the slowest speed the media/burner supports, wich in my case is 10x.
    - I am using Verbatim, wich i've heard are the best, should i get different brands for testing maybe?
    - Can you explain to me the double swop/swap proccess?

Thank you very much!