Thread: Problem Running PS2 Emulators

Thanks

Default Problem Running PS2 Emulators

I am using PCSX2 for my emulators, I can get the game to start but all three of the games I have tried so far have no allowed me to play. Call of Duty 3 I can access and use the menu but everything is distorted and you can see the pixels some, it takes me past the opening cinematic but once it gets to the actual game it starts to skip and lag to the point of not being able to play and the textures are glitched.For WarHammer 40,000 Fire Warrior, it runs just fine all the way through the opening cinematic but once it gets to the actual game it freezes and once again the texture is glitched. Finally, for Call of Duty: Finest Hour it won't let me do anything. It works through the opening part where it shows the companies and the first cinematic but once it gets past the first scene before the menu all that comes up is three images. One is of the D-Pad with the up and down arrows highlighted, the second and third are the x and triangle button. I am pretty sure this is for fitting the picture to your screen but I can't get past it as it doesn't show anything abut a black box with a grey boarder and those three images.

I am currently using an ASUS ROG G750 Series G750JW-RB71-CB. It uses an Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz for the CPU and GeForce GTX 765M. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Which PCSX2 version did you use? All the games you mentioned above marked as 'Playable' since 1.1.0 release.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'd like to point out that there is a PC version of 40k Fire Warrior, so you don't need to emulate that PS2 game.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Which PCSX2 version did you use? All the games you mentioned above marked as 'Playable' since 1.1.0 release.
    I am currently running version 1.2.1 for PCSX2, is it possible that my setting for the emulator are causing the problem? I followed a tutorial on you tube to get me settings set up. Here are a couple of screen shots of what the problem is.

This is from CoD 3, you can go through the menus without any problems other than the distortion, but once you get into the campaign the distortion continues and their is lag.

This one is for CoD Finest Hour, if you hit the up and down arrows you can hear it click like it is moving from option to option but nothing happens when you hit any other buttons.

Also, I just downloaded Dark Cloud and it works fine, I got into the first floor of the dungeon and started building the village and nothing has gone wrong so far.
    Last edited by bbcjb; 18th-July-2014 at 00:07.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, well, your computer is slightly better then mine, and mine can play PCSX2 perfectly, it's probably just your configuration, tell me your configuration settings for PCSX2, it might also be the game, just because the game is marked Playable on the website doesn't mean it will run at a good enough speed, it just means if you put enough time into the game no matter how bad the lag, then you might beat it in a year or two.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Daraghy View Post
    Hmm, well, your computer is slightly better then mine, and mine can play PCSX2 perfectly, it's probably just your configuration, tell me your configuration settings for PCSX2, it might also be the game, just because the game is marked Playable on the website doesn't mean it will run at a good enough speed, it just means if you put enough time into the game no matter how bad the lag, then you might beat it in a year or two.
    For EE/IOP both are set to Recompiler, Round mode is set to nearest and clamping mode is set to none. VUs are both set to microVU recompiler and round and clamping mode are the same as EE/IOP. Framelimiter is set for 100%,50%,200% (from top to bottom) and frame skipping is disabled. Speedhacks are enabled with EE set at 2 and INTC spin detection and fast CDVD enabled, VU cycle stealing set to 3 both options enabled. For game fixes I have EE timing hack, Ignore DMAC, and Simulate VIF1

This is my GS configuration, I am using GSdx 0 (MSVC 18.00, AVX) 0.1.16.
    Last edited by bbcjb; 18th-July-2014 at 03:03.

Thanks
    EP Points

For Game Fixes, turn everything off, disable Fast CDVD, VU cycle stealing must be set to 1, EE Cyclrate must be at 1, VU's and GS's must be set to set to Chop/Zero, and Normal, tell me if it works now, and what resolution are you runniing it at?

That is the Settings i'm running it on, it runs my games pperfectly and i'm using a laptop
    Last edited by meganova; 18th-July-2014 at 03:40. Reason: posts merged

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Daraghy View Post
    For Game Fixes, turn everything off, disable Fast CDVD, VU cycle stealing must be set to 1, EE Cyclrate must be at 1, VU's and GS's must be set to set to Chop/Zero, and Normal, tell me if it works now, and what resolution are you runniing it at?

That is the Settings i'm running it on, it runs my games pperfectly and i'm using a laptop
    Thank you very much, these settings are making the games run now. CoD 3 is still messed up but due to the other two working I am assuming it is just a bad ISO. My resolution is 1584x852

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using Software mode on CoD 3 (can be toggled by pressing F9 during ingame) and see if there any changes to the graphics.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

My resolution is 1584x852[/QUOTE]

Try lowering the resolution, I recommend 1080X 800, or 720X640, it's not as good a resolution, but it's still HD, the lower the Resolution, the better the game will run.

Sorry, I tried to reply with a qoute, didn't work.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 18th-July-2014 at 06:54. Reason: merged posts