Thread: 1 CUE, 2 BINs? How do i merge?

Thanks
    EP Points

Question 1 CUE, 2 BINs? How do i merge?

Downloaded a European version of Castlevania Symphony Of The Night.. and I gotta say, this game is locked down

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jMNXPTH.png 
Views:	341 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	41913

After converting the bin.ecm with ECM Tools, the APE with Monkey's Audio & WAV to BIN, and retrieving the CUE from Cues and Sbis :

Name:	b7jHuTA.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	41910
    I end up with 1 CUE and 2 BINs

I've been following this tutorial up until this point. How do i merge these 2 BINs using IsoBuster?!?

Name:	Nc1d7jP.png 
Views:	414 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	41908
    Everything is explained well until around step 5-6. IsoBuster asks for the cue, but after selecting the cue, it also wants me to "Find the storage file"?? I select the first bin, but am unable to select the other. Directions state to begin extracting, but what about the other BIN? I continue following directions...

...and am given this error message from IsoBuster:

Name:	XXLWwsb.png 
Views:	422 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	41911

I close IsoBuster and try again, this time opening the CUE and the other BIN:

Name:	f2rtpLk.png 
Views:	366 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	41912

Grrr! ..what do i do with the CUE and these 2 bloody BINS?!
    Last edited by Double44; 11th-July-2014 at 17:50.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try running the game in your emulator using the .CUE or larger .BIN

The USA version of the game has 2 tracks when you go into the Playstation CD player before closing the lid, with the second track being a remix of Castlevania music. If this is what's going on, you can probably play the game without worrying about all of this.

Failing that, you might try using a USA version of the game and a scph-1001 to get around those problems. I've never had this many problems with any US version. Just make sure to not use V-Sync or it might screw up the games' timing.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

After doing all that open the Cue file with notepad, see if it matches with the bins, if not edit it a lil bit so the Cue and Files match, then mount the cue in deamon tools lite, then open imgburn and create a new image (Bin/Cue) from the mounted image, few seconds later badabing you have a single bin and cue, have fun with it in pSX,ePSXe, PCSX, Retroarch , a Real Playstation, take yer pick.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gobby View Post
    open the Cue file with notepad, see if it matches with the bins, if not edit it a lil bit so the Cue and Files match
    Gobby you're a godsend. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I rename all my files before i sit them in a place for safekeeping. Unfortunately, this kept IsoBuster from being able to recognize my bins.

I fixed the cue file and IsoBuster saw the two bins. I was also not asked about any storage file. I was able to merge the two bins and was given a new cue just like Zorlon's guide said

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Glad I could help, have fun !
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post: