Thread: an endless search (PS2/Saturn emulation)

Thanks

Question an endless search (PS2/Saturn emulation)

Hi folks. () /

I have an small, well... actually big, issue which kept me sleepless for several days.
    So I´ll start straight ahead.

I´m searching a useful PS2 emu for my system.
    I tried PCSX2 but that completly failed.

This is my system data:
    AMD E2-3800 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 1,3GHz and 4,00GB RAM
    Windows 8.1 (x64)

Yea, its a cheap laptop. ()
    All I want to play is .hack//G.U.
    And some several in the EU unreleased games.

So... can someone recommend me something?
    Or is there a way to "mod" already existing emus?

Anyway... thanks for your help
    bai-bai

(nyan-law says: typos are meant to be funny)

PS: I also need a compatible SEGA Saturn emu.

Thanks
    EP Points

As of now PCSX2 is the only PS2 emulator worth using, unfortunately there aren't any alternatives AFAIK. Also different games can vary widely performance wise with this emulator; some might work perfect, others might need a beefier system, and some games work better with older versions of the emulator. I'd recommend checking out this compatibility list and see what version is recommended for the games you want to play.

Currently the best Saturn emulator is SSF, which you can get here. Saturn emulation takes surprisingly high specs to run smoothly, but should have lower requirements than PCSX2.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well... first thanks for responding.

The weird thing is, the games I wanna play using PCSX2 are all compatible but it´s all laggy.
    Better said the FPS are not running constant.
    I tried to fix that problem by looking at a lot of different tutorials but none of them were helpful, sometimes things became even worser.
    Also I used every PCSX2 version out there to figure out if maybe one of them runs smoother but well...

SSF... Same problem as with PCSX2.
    (Sorry, I should´ve been more precisely from the beginning)
    In addition, SSF always stops to respond after some minutes inside the game.

Well, I guess there´s no other option left and I have to get the real consoles and games.
    *wallet starts to cry* (T_T)
    Don´t worry... Its just Panzer Dragoon... cheap as fuck and absolutely not rare at all.

bai-bai

(nyan-law says: typos are meant to be funny)