Thread: JPCSP Low Framerates and controller compatibility.

Thanks

Default JPCSP Low Framerates and controller compatibility.

I'm having problems running the game Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on JPCSP (english patch). When i start the game, I get low frame rates when any action occurs. I have tried to find a problem similar to my own but none of the fixes or suggestions recommended actually work. I also have a problem getting my ps3 controller to work with the emulator. When i'm in the title screen it seems to spasm out until i get in the game and at that point, it has like a 5 or sometimes even 10 second delay before there is any action shown by a button press or movement of the joy stick. Should i use something like joy to keys instead? I heard that it might be better than Motion in joy (I am using Motion in joy atm and the latest version). I am also using the latest version of this JPCSP as well. And also, is there a way for the emulator to support a multiplayer function or is is just not possible? My Specs are:

Core i5 3350p
    Asus hd 7790 1gb OC edition
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center x64
    8 gigs of ddr3 ram g.skill ripjaws

I have tried the regular japanese version of the game but got the same results
    Havent used any other emulator
    Only plugin i use is Sonic Stage
    I'm using the latest version of JPCSP

* And also, does PPSSPP work the same way as JPCSP? I don't have a psp anymore and just want to know if it works the same way or if i need a psp.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I suggest you use PPSSPP, it is a million times better than Jpcsp,

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Go there for the latest builds that are updated very frequently.

Edit: PPSSPP is VERY user friendly compared to Jpcsp, got a question feel free to ask
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I try to install this but it says it cant start because MSVCP120.dll is missin. And i have no idea what this is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. install that and it should fix your problem.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Alright, thanks. The game seems to be working fine now but i just cant seem to find a way to get my ps3 controller to work with it,atleast only the joysticks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Salair456 View Post
    Alright, thanks. The game seems to be working fine now but i just cant seem to find a way to get my ps3 controller to work with it,atleast only the joysticks.
    Go to devices and printers, right click on the controller, Game Controller settings, set it as preferred device for older programs and that should make it work properly with PPSSPP.

Thanks

Ok, just one more silly little question. Right now i'm trying to connect with my friend on mhp3rd and i cant seem to get into the online guild hall for some reason. When i'm at the hall and press the button to enter the online hall, the game freezes for a few seconds and then it tells me a connection error has occured. I cant see any of the rooms that are usually there for choosing.I dont know If i should go somewhere else to ask a question like this but if you cant then I will take the matter elsewhere. Thank You in advance.