Thread: Copy Kitty: A raving amalgamation of Megaman, Kirby 64, and Gunstar Heroes

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Copy Kitty: A raving amalgamation of Megaman, Kirby 64, and Gunstar Heroes

Just found a really great indie PC game. As the thread title suggests, it's a combination of Megaman, Kirby 64, and Gunstar Heroes, along with other references and gratuitous shout-outs.

It's a 2D platformer with 3D graphics. Control input includes keyboard and X360 controller. If you want to use another joystick, you have to use the Joy2Key program first.

What makes this game special is the staggering amount of weapons you can have. We're talking about combining up to three weapons out of ten. That means 185 weapons total at your disposal to destroy enemies. And don't get me started on individual, non-combinable weapons and other powerups.

But wait! This game also has more to offer, including an endless mode, a level editor, cheats, achievements, and many more. The creators are also very supportive of their community. One of the bosses is actually designed by a fan.

You can download the game for free, but that's only the demo. To get the 'Turbo' (full) version, you have to pay $10. Once you pay, you also get the soundtrack, and free access to future updates. The full version features a new character with its own separate weapon combinations and pandemonium mode (a beefed up version of endless mode).

Here's the link to the creators' blog:
    http://entanma.com/

Here's the link to download the demo (also available on the blog):
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/copy-kitty

Here's the link to get the full version:
    http://entanma.itch.io/copy-kitty

This game's also currently trying to get through Steam Greenlight. Your upvotes mean so much to them and the fans.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=201935809

Thanks
    EP Points

i believe you mean 2.5d graphics but that aside it does look and sound pretty good.

...well then, i guess i'll have no choice but to pay if i want to try this game :/ my usual means of getting games for free has failed me (no torrents for the game) once again. ah well, no big deal...unless the system requirements end up being too much for this laptop, then all i'll be able to do is gripe about that.

edit: still waiting for mighty no.9 and a certain mega man x fangame btw so this will probably be some fun for a while. also, protagonist, that power is most certainly NOT lame. just ask Axel lol
    Last edited by treos; 24th-June-2014 at 05:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

The demo is free, and if you're worried about not getting enough content, don't worry. The demo itself is already a complete game on its own. The paid version only adds more stages, bosses, a new character with his own unique weapon combinations, pandemonium mode, and bestiary expansion. You won't miss much playing the free version, but you'll definitely be craving for the paid version.

Thanks
    EP Points

bleh, demo now, full version later then. at least its not a demo of a flash game or i probably wouldn't go near it.

heh, 18MB+ of extra content in the paid version. that really is just extra content with the demo being the main game, nice setup there.

edit: aw YEAH! FINALLY a new game that i can play with the graphics set to high with no lag ^.^ awesome. more often than not i'd have to lower the graphics of any pc game to somewhere around medium to minimum and games would still lag a bit but not this one. finally a new game i can play with no lag that isn't on a emulator.

and even though i just booted up the game, i can tell already by the initial background animations that its pretty good quality art too. so yeah, tyvm for telling about this game.

edit2: looking through the unlockable modifiers and a couple seem to have unlocked while randomly clicking around the modifier menu yet 2 have me stumped, demon lord and the ??? challenge beneath it, says it can be unlocked in less than 5 minutes if you know what to do by showing your mastery of video games. i have no idea what that is implying :/ figured the konami code but nope. as for the demon lord challenge...bah, the language that text is in is demonic looking >.< oh well, guess i'll go back to missions. oh and made it to the sky waves on my first try at endless mode
    Last edited by treos; 24th-June-2014 at 20:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

For the videogame mastery challenge, you have the right idea. As for the demon lord one, it's encountered at the extra stages, and in order to unlock the extra stages, you have to encounter and destroy a certain enemy that doesn't appear in the mission mode. Try going further in the endless mode.

Or, if you want to cheese it, once you figure out what that enemy is, just go to level editor and do the deed there.

Almost forgot, but if you want to talk to the creators, you can contact them directly through the chatroom.
    http://entanma.com/chat
    Last edited by GeminiSparkSP; 25th-June-2014 at 04:15.

Thanks
    EP Points

currently in world 7 (8's page looks big) and it was surprising to see the boos of world 5 actually speak. as for the bestiary, its coming along but 1 thing has me a bit concerned (as its likely going to be a hard fight) or rather 3 things with the omega symbol next to the id #'s :/ probably going to be extra stage targets i bet.

oh yeah, also curious how to summon a dragon for that other challenge but i bet thats also an extra stage thing so i can wait and see

friggin firefox, went and randomly crashed while typing this response. thankfully the quick reply box here auto saves as your typing so i didn't have to retype this. honestly, whatever the mozilla devs did to screw up firefox at some point and cause it to start crashing randomly (sometimes several times in 1 day) needs fixing as its REALLY irritating to have it crash in the middle of something like this. and no, i don't think its any plugin/extension incompatibility this time.

Thanks
    EP Points

The summon dragon thing is a weapon combination. See if you can figure it out between 120 triple combinations.

Thanks
    EP Points

so many weapons >.< lol but thats one of the fun parts of the game.

edit: beat a fallen angel in lvl editor... that thing was scary with how dangerous it is. anyone who faces that and the things beyond it... be VERY careful or fighting it will hurt a LOT. definately not an enemy to underestimate.
    Last edited by treos; 26th-June-2014 at 03:12.

Thanks
    EP Points

Fortunately, those fallen angels are only encountered in extra stages in the free version. The Turbo version...not so much.

Also, looking forward to your reaction on the extra stages' boss.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry for double posting and necroposting, but the ver. 1.8 update has arrived.

http://entanma.com/post/104097045303/copykitty-1-8