Page 124 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2474114119120121122123124125126127128129134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3992

Thread: The Obsession-Out: Bite and don't let it go.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    Oh I feel bad for all the champions who have never been viable in top level play. There are plenty you will rarely if ever see. Using the excuse people can make it to the top of soloQ but not actually make it into a competitive match which is an entire tier or two above soloQ is hilarious. The answer to overpowered champs isn't nerfing them until they are useless.

Let's look at characters you will not see being played competitively on a top tier team anymore because of their nerfs. Actually only 41 champions were picked last LCS split(or was it the one before).

Now Riot does reworks on champions that are considered "anti-fun"(yes, removing even more mechanics in the game making it more like bloodline champions) than considering making the other champions on a level with the most picked. They would rather nerf everyone until a nerfed character is considered strong again so they can nerf it again.
    Over the course of the year and a half that LCS has been around, only 7 champions have never been picked in LCS. Brand, Fiora, Poppy, Rammus, Shaco, Sion, and Vel Koz (I think he was actually played about a month ago though in EU). Sion was played in the Battle of the Atlantic (TSM vs LemonDogs) Rammus was played in Summer LCS promotion series before by Dignitas (and they won). Brand was played often by former Curse Academy mid laner Only Jaximus in the Challenger League. So that leaves Fiora, Poppy and Shaco that have never seen pro play.

You can't judge the balance of League on the pro scene, they were doing that 4v0 tower pushing to start games for a bit, so what came into flavor were fast pushing champions. The pros do strategies that no soloQ team could pull off, that's why they pick the champions they do, they are best for their strategies.

The only anti-fun champion they changed was solo lane Soraka, and that was anti fun dude. If you didn't kill her in early levels, good luck. She had a ZERO COST ability with a silence, waveclear and a heal that gave armor. Take summoner heal on top of that and you dont kill her ever.
    Last edited by Sheras; 30th-June-2014 at 22:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Hang Out could be in Chinese now and I'd feel only slightly more lost.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    It would just be sort of like following Elin on FB.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Haha

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    I need fudgsicles. NOAW
    FTFY

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Go record it. Or was that your thing 2 weeks ago? Can't keep up!
    Fantastic.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Over the course of the year and a half that LCS has been around, only 7 champions have never been picked in LCS. Brand, Fiora, Poppy, Rammus, Shaco, Sion, and Vel Koz (I think he was actually played about a month ago though in EU). Sion was played in the Battle of the Atlantic (TSM vs LemonDogs) Rammus was played in Summer LCS promotion series before by Dignitas (and they won). Brand was played often by former Curse Academy mid laner Only Jaximus in the Challenger League. So that leaves Fiora, Poppy and Shaco that have never seen pro play.

You can't judge the balance of League on the pro scene, they were doing that 4v0 tower pushing to start games for a bit, so what came into flavor were fast pushing champions. The pros do strategies that no soloQ team could pull off, that's why they pick the champions they do, they are best for their strategies.

The only anti-fun champion they changed was solo lane Soraka, and that was anti fun dude. If you didn't kill her in early levels, good luck. She had a ZERO COST ability with a silence, waveclear and a heal that gave armor. Take summoner heal on top of that and you dont kill her ever.
    Nope, they've been slowly removing every silence in the game(I believe Le Blanc is next)m Morello wants to get rid of heals(many posts on the forums about it), among other things. You can't really count a pick that was 10+ patches ago as a pick. Every patch the champion should be picked at least once in top level play(the highest skill level at which can be played). If your game stagnates on a single starting strategy then you're doing something horribly wrong. If your game is meant to have a strategy in it there should be a meta that changes every game depending on hero picks and strategy instead of nerfing everything that you don't like.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    I need popsicles. NOAW
    I get free unlimited popsicles at work.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope, they've been slowly removing every silence in the game(I believe Le Blanc is next)m Morello wants to get rid of heals(many posts on the forums about it), among other things. You can't really count a pick that was 10+ patches ago as a pick. Every patch the champion should be picked at least once in top level play(the highest skill level at which can be played). If your game stagnates on a single starting strategy then you're doing something horribly wrong. If your game is meant to have a strategy in it there should be a meta that changes every game depending on hero picks and strategy instead of nerfing everything that you don't like.
    LeBlanc already had her silence removed and the skill renamed to reflect that change.
    They won't get rid of heals, and if they did, it would take them forever considering how many champions have heals in their kit. And I laugh at your prospect of every champion being played in every patch, pros don't keep up that well with their champion pools. They can't keep their play of every champion for their role at top notch all the time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    LeBlanc already had her silence removed and the skill renamed to reflect that change.
    They won't get rid of heals, and if they did, it would take them forever considering how many champions have heals in their kit. And I laugh at your prospect of every champion being played in every patch, pros don't keep up that well with their champion pools. They can't keep their play of every champion for their role at top notch all the time.
    It seems to work in every other competitive game in the world, I'm not sure why league players can't.

Every hero gets played multiple times in every Dota patch yet they manage to get a $10m World Championship.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It seems to work in every other competitive game in the world, I'm not sure why league players can't.

Every hero gets played multiple times in every Dota patch yet they manage to get a $10m World Championship.
    That's just how the players are. People still have their champions that they are known for though. RYL's Tabe was the only person to use Annie as a support for a very long time. Froggen and his Anivia, no one else even tries to play that champion. Wickd's Irelia is on another level, when he started playing it again, other's tried to pick it up, but no one has the success he has. Zionspartan in season 3 was the only Riven player in the NA pro scene, and every NA team banned it against him every time they played.

And the pro scenes of Dota and LoL are completely different, you can't compare them. LoL players are under salary by Riot, and aims to be like another sport league. Dota does tournaments.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As someone with about 2.4k hours of league(roughly 3k games total) it's certainly pay to win. If you need a rune page you can easily buy an IP boost and then save all the IP for runes by buying champs with money. The more Runes and Champs you have the more versatile you will have to start playing. I would love if the game unlocked every character for free but they make too much money from the casual players buying it to save themselves a few hours of time.

The reason I've grown to like Dota 2 over time is because I've started working instead of being just a child who has a ton of free time(first job was a mediocre overworked mall job and now I'm working a legitimate full time job) so I don't have enough time to play 30-40 games. So having a game where everyone is equal feels great to me, and I feel like it's far more important overall.
    I am extremely casual with LoL, like...I don't take it seriously at all. I would never get professional, but I see your plight. For me, it is fun, and I like playing.
    And oooh god I'm sorry you had to work retail. I'm never doing that shit again. Never fast food or retail! Childcare is definetly my thing. It's fun and I don't feel like I'm in a prison 5 hours a day sweating over a desk or in a stupid mall.

And again, I do not follow this pro scene and probably won't! I just can't really devote myself that hardcore to games, since I have other hobbies that are more important to me ,really. I believe LoL is based entirely on skill (at least from my experience so far) & I haven't seen people who are shelling out tons of dough. But then again, I'll probably never be a silver player or any of that, so I play w/ people who are very casual.
    Last edited by Prude; 30th-June-2014 at 23:48.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

WELL I DID MAKE A DISSCUSSION THREAD OK

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    It would just be sort of like following Elin on FB.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post