Page 115 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3992

Thread: The Obsession-Out: Bite and don't let it go.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Annie support is pretty decent and Riven is a fantastic top, might be off the meta but they're still very good picks. :/
    WHAT is meta??

Also, I think Orianna is a fantastic support. Once you have the hourglass + unholy grail you can be unkillable. That coupled with the ugly rod thing really is awesome.

I always build a lichbane though...cuz I luv it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prude View Post
    WHAT is meta??
    Basically everything related to the game without actually being the game itself, in league for instance when people say meta they generally mean what champion, item and build are popular at any one particular time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Annie support is pretty decent and Riven is a fantastic top, might be off the meta but they're still very good picks. :/
    Annie Bot mains mid, only supports if he has too. Annie support was the strongest support for a long time at the end of season 3/start of season 4. It fell back out of favor for utility strong supports.

BoxBox has mained Riven forever, through all the buffs/nerfs, changes to her Q and E. And you should see the outplays he does, it is amazing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, the wolf dude seems like the choice jung that I've usually seen. I suppose this Orianna was very skilled then.
    What is LP? league points? So that determines what league you're in? Oh so that's why people are such fuckholes then. I can't stand that attitude but at the same time, I understand that ppl get frustrated...but like it's really not fun. I actually hate League because everyone screams at each other for not playing exactly how they think someone should play...but god damn the game play is addictive. Pure strategy/puzzle games are highly addictive to me, it's bascially the only real addiction that has manifested in my life LOL
    Like...playing 15 hours straight type of addiction heh
    There's also a good bit of psychology at play in league, people are really quick to blame others for their mistakes but when it comes to taking responsibility for their own problems they can never admit to it, or they blame someone else.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Basically everything related to the game without actually being the game itself, in league for instance when people say meta they generally mean what champion, item and build are popular at any one particular time.
    Oh okay, so it's just the 'all the rage' this, and 'all the rage' that within the game.

And seasons....do they have to do with getting new champs, and down grades/up grades on champs?? Is there some kind of story thing as well?
    And these players you are talking about, are they professional players/paid?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    IT'S THE TRAFFIC.
    Like, two checkpoints to go, first place, I let go of throttle during a turn, to then nitro out of said turn.
    Suddenly...
    BIG A$$ PICK UP APPEARS!
    End result is my vroom vroom nitro'ing the pick up, while the rest of drivers pass by me.

That said, I'm enjoying the game.
    Tuning the cars and stuff.
    Specially muscle cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Traffic is ok, inopportune but not so bad. It's the AI what's terrible. Any little mistake you make and bamf! last position for you If it weren't so bad I'd replay it on PS3.
    Yeah MCLA is pretty much the Demon's Souls of racing games. Definitely one of the more difficult games on PS3 but so very, very satisfying when you win a race.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmm, the wolf dude seems like the choice jung that I've usually seen. I suppose this Orianna was very skilled then.
    What is LP? league points? So that determines what league you're in? Oh so that's why people are such fuckholes then. I can't stand that attitude but at the same time, I understand that ppl get frustrated...but like it's really not fun. I actually hate League because everyone screams at each other for not playing exactly how they think someone should play...but god damn the game play is addictive. Pure strategy/puzzle games are highly addictive to me, it's bascially the only real addiction that has manifested in my life LOL
    Like...playing 15 hours straight type of addiction heh
    Warwick? People jungle him at low level because he is cheap (450 IP), not mechanically demanding (zero skillshots) and can sustain himself well (at low levels it is hard to jungle without full runes/masteries)

WHAT is meta??

Also, I think Orianna is a fantastic support. Once you have the hourglass + unholy grail you can be unkillable. That coupled with the ugly rod thing really is awesome.

I always build a lichbane though...cuz I luv it.
    Orianna is not really a good support, the supports role for the team is to operate with the least amount of gold (since you don't last hit creeps and shouldnt take kills if they can help it), Orianna scales well with damage items, supports don't build damage normally, they build almost entirely team focused. Take Nami (since you like her alot), her Q is an AoE knockup, her W heals, her E amplifies auto attacks and applies a slow, her ulti is a huge AoE knockup and slow. Her passive also gives movespeed to allies she casts spells on. Nami's kit allows her to help her team tremendously without having to build damage, which is what people look for with supports.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh okay, so it's just the 'all the rage' this, and 'all the rage' that within the game.

And seasons....do they have to do with getting new champs, and down grades/up grades on champs?? Is there some kind of story thing as well?
    Seasons are time periods were chances appear to change your league significantly, so everybody at the beginning of each season has to try again to get placed in a particular league, regardless of their places in leagues from previous years. Within seasons however you have to work hard to get to the top of your league to stand a chance of leaving it, you can also move down two league also due to inactivity. There is a lore added to each champion but it's unrelated to seasons and you can get by quite well without having any knowledge of the lore of lol.

The meta and stuff comes from the professional players who are paid to play lol, they are the best, but the people Sheras is quoting I've no idea if their pros or not because I don't follow any scene at all.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Seasons = a year (well about 9 months). After which rewards are given out for your place in ranked, a soft ranked reset will occur at the start of the next season, and usually a huge patch commemorates the start of a season (like this year was a complete overhaul of the vision system).

None of the players I mentioned earlier are pros, if you want I can name some, I follow the pro scene pretty closely. And yes, there are pro leagues, one in NA, EU, China and Korea are the big ones. The players in NA and EU leagues are have a contract with Riot and are paid a salary for being in the league, if you want I can explain further.

Thanks
    EP Points

Onion headline:

"Jurisprudence Fetishist Gets Off On Technicality"

Clever.

Thanks
    EP Points

What's up Tass - how you been? Heaven't seen you in a while.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Traffic is ok, inopportune but not so bad. It's the AI what's terrible. Any little mistake you make and bamf! last position for you If it weren't so bad I'd replay it on PS3.
    Dat Schumacher-like AI skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Yeah MCLA is pretty much the Demon's Souls of racing games. Definitely one of the more difficult games on PS3 but so very, very satisfying when you win a race.
    Demon's Souls?
    That game I swept under the carpet because lolnewgame+?
    CRAP.

But yeah, loving the game.
    Totally worth my 5€.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sheras, doing the encyclopedia work.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Sheras, doing the encyclopedia work.
    Haha nope, this is all from my brain.

I should just make a LoL thread, to avoid the clog up here, but those specialty game threads don't usually last all too long.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Haha nope, this is all from my brain.

I should just make a LoL thread, to avoid the clog up here, but those specialty game threads don't usually last all too long.
    I can do the same with fighting games.
    All the strategy.
    OH NO, BY ALL MEANS, CLOG IT UP.
    Needs more dunking though.