Page 225 of 267 FirstFirst ... 125175215220221222223224225226227228229230235 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3992

Thread: The Obsession-Out: Bite and don't let it go.

Thanks
    EP Points

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Plus if you are emulating you don't have to deal with DISC ROT!!!!111111one :fearmonger:
    That has actually happened to me. Then again I probably didn't take very good care of them, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Most importantly, you can play the console exclusives while avoiding being a dirty console peasant.
    A silly mindset, but I know you're joking.

Actually I don't really emulate myself. I played all the classics on my actual PS2 back in the day and by the time I had a good enough PC that could be used for emulation I didn't care.

Other than that I just own handhelds. And fuck emulating handhelds. For reasons I've already stated before -- PSP in bed > all.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Plus if you are emulating you don't have to deal with DISC ROT!!!!111111one :fearmonger:
    You know. This topic seems all too new to be an actual occurance. I have heard of it very isolated cases, only once or twice. It seems more like an opinion than anything else. Having never seen it with my own eyes (owning a substantially CD-based collection) I want to say that it does not even exist. Disc Rot? no, no it is not a thing. UV deteritration? Yeah, that happens/. Keep ur shit outta the window and go play some fucking games asshole.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    You know. This topic seems all too new to be an actual occurance. I have heard of it very isolated cases, only once or twice. It seems more like an opinion than anything else. Having never seen it with my own eyes (owning a substantially CD-based collection) I want to say that it does not even exist. Disc Rot? no, no it is not a thing. UV deteritration? Yeah, that happens/. Keep ur shit outta the window and go play some fucking games asshole.
    If you try to dump the older ones you'll get read errors at some point. I used to back my files up on CDs and DVDs, so I learned that lesson the hard way.

EDIT: My GLORIOUS GIGANTIC Empire Earth map is now gone. RIP.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

READ IT HARDER! SOUNDS LIKE UR READDER NEEDS TO CLEAN THE JIZZ OUTTER EYES

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I should probably take a break from posting before I accidentally ban Russia or something>

Thanks
    EP Points

ban Russia
    BAN THEM ALL.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Gare y u no answer visitor message? I am of sadness.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Well if the game runs flawlessly at 100% speed *and* it's in 1080p *and* you're playing with a gamepad, then it's obviously superior.

The thing is, that's not always the case.
    Yeah, I'm sure that's definitely not the norm.

Like I said compatibility before enhancements, at least to me. You might have a "superior" experience with some games. Though if an emulator doesn't have 100% compatibility, it's not better than the hardware. Hell even some of the most accurate emulators aren't even 100%(IE: BSNES).

Thanks
    EP Points

Who needs accuracy? It's not a railgun.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    That has actually happened to me. Then again I probably didn't take very good care of them, I dunno.
    Some discs are poorly pressed/made so it happens but yeah, it's pretty rare.

I got into a discussion with this about someone recently. Apparently German specific PS1 games get it horribly at this point (the guy has US PS1 games as well, store in the same way, which are all fine).

It's real because it's documented but yeah, it's well overblown and most of the times it comes up people are fear mongering and exaggerating. I checked some discs I had trouble with and none of them were rotted. Supposedly Dreamcast games are some of the worst offenders, but I don't think rot is really the issue there, just factory issues (it took me until the 5th copy of Blue Stinger to get a working one and all of them looked perfect and were not rotted). Someone said some BS percentage number about DC games being rotted recently, which if true would mean some number of my DC collection would have rot, but I CHECKED EVERY DISC OUT OF SPITE with a flashlight and didn't see shit.

Tips
    Don't store your discs in a swamp
    Don't store them so they are laying flat
    Don't put them in direct sunlight

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Who needs accuracy? It's not a railgun.
    Haha, I wish it were it'd be more useful.

Thanks
    EP Points

There's also the thing that the discs that you write yourself are more likely to produce read errors than factory pressed ones. All the ones that had read errors for me were back up discs...

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It greatly depends on the quality of the discs. But yeah there are some really poorly made blank discs. Rewritable discs fwiw have a really brutal life span but it's still at worst 20 years if stored properly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Geeze I'll just reply to your question here because eh. I'd go with sth like this:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Just wrote whatever sounded good to my ears.