Thread: Can't find a working Okami Iso (preferably NTSC) HELP!!!

Thanks

Unhappy Can't find a working Okami Iso (preferably NTSC) HELP!!!

I want to play Okami but i can't seem to find one that works :/ i looked at the list of working and okami was on there but i can't find it plz help!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks

Whenever I burn it to a disc and try it out the colors flash and stay on purple and do not change

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness7595 View Post
    Whenever I burn it to a disc and try it out the colors flash and stay on purple and do not change
    Is your PS2 modded in some fashion????

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sound liks ESR Launcher.
    What were the specs you used while burning? You need to do it at the slowest speed and on good media. Then again, the PS2's laser could be dirty or un-calibrated. That happens over the years. Disc loading is sadly the slowest method to load ISOs.

If you have a FAT model PS2, I suggest buying an HD expansion. Otherwise, try reburning your disc at slow speed and look up tutorial on adjusting the laser's resistance. This could be dangerous though, so do it at your own risk.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Burn at 1x using ImgBurn to high quality media, if you are using a slim try some DVD+R's instead of -R's though you still want to try and get quality media even though +R's are higher quality than -R's to start with as you can still get bad +R media or rather lower quality and High quality

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I burned it at 4x,6x and,2x (Burned multiple discs) on -r's and nothing worked on the slim

And i have everything For FMCB1.8a
    Esr, OPL everything I keep thinking maybe its the iso but im not sure :/ tried it in fat and slim ps2 so far
    Several other games i burned work just fine its just okami
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-June-2014 at 03:45. Reason: no double posting please

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you set 1x it will auto use the slowest speed for me it jumps to 2.4

You can check the CRC value pf the ISO image just open the archive in 7zip, if you no longer have the archive just use 7zip to compress it again, just set the compression value to store, so it does it quickly, then open it with 7zip, the info in 7zip includes CRC

The value you need is 3c37758b [3C37758B] then you know it is a good disc image, please note that once ESR patched the CRC value will change because the patch changing the disc, so you can only check the CRC value before patching not after not even after patching then un-patching.

+R's are worth getting for the slim PS2

Some games put more strain on the laser than others, so those games may not work from media that others do if the media is not top notch

I may check this game out myself, though I do have the HD version on my PS3 anyway :/

EDIT:- the CRC matches fine so unless you had extraction problems that just means that the download either failed at some point (you can use something like www.freedownloadmanager.org to fix that issue that does happen to even the best of connections so comes in handy especially for large files) or you extract incorrectly, you need to first extract the Okami (USA).7z with 7zip, best to do that on a right click and just hit 7-zip then hit Extract Here or Extract files... (Extract files will ask for a location.) then all you need to do is patch the iso with ESR patcher and burn via ImgBurn with the speed set to 1x (the slowest burning speed is different depending on the hardware used to burn so that might auto change to something different for example for me I get 2.4x for DVD's and 10x for CD's)

Side note never patch then un-patch a disc image as it does not correctly restore the disc image to it's original state and may corrupt it in some way

Burn test coming soon for Ōkami if I have any blank DVD+R's left that is (P.S. if you have an open spindle of discs also double check the surface of the discs for scratches or dirt/dust/smears as that can happen easy before you even burn to them)

EDIT:- burning now, will check the PS2 is hooked up in a bit, but I think it is anyway, I'm using a PAL Slim PS2, mat finish with a thin glossy strip as the newer PS2 slim model that is almost half glossy on the top does not work with FMCB or ESR

It should work unless I was given bogus info at some point for my ESR compat list but can't see it, will update this post soon enough though with my results (apx 15 mins left of the burn).

EDIT:- burn was fine the game played the demo mode just fine, in-fact there was no lags or any other sort of minor issues it just runs perfect.

Things that can cause problems

Poor quality media, some games are more demanding with what data is read for them so what may of seemed good media for other games may not be for the more demanding games as far as data being read goes

Bad burning (due to lack of memory available at the time, bad batch of discs or even dust/scratches/smears if the discs are older opened cakes that can collect dust or even scratch)

Low quality laser or worn laser can and will have issues with more data demanding games while may be fine with less data demanding games

Problems will happen with badly downloaded files that have extraction errors (If you are not sure use 7-zip using the test option)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-June-2014 at 08:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR