Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PC to run Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Thanks

Question

Hi everyone i have a little update of my computer i working on and i have two question i want to ask.

1: I was doing some cleaning in my basement and i fond three computers towers so my father suggested that i might gut the three computers of some parts to use in my game tower like there the motherboard, power source, dvd burner, cd burner, wireless internet and the cpu fan all the parts i strip from the three towers can save me a lot of money the only problem is that the motherboards might not accept the new cpu and graphic video cards that install in it so is there a way to tell what type of cpu and graphic card i can put on the motherboard ????

2: One more thing witch type is better to play game of today intel or amd (oh and please note that i no two computer tower use intel).

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1 by the type of slot the video I posted has shots of both types, but be aware the older slots are totally different to today's standard so if these towers are older they will not work.

2 Personally if I wanted to save cash, I would go for a micro/mini AMD mother board and get one of better CPU's with build in Graphics to start with, the mother board will have a GPU slot so you can get a very good graphics card at a later date but the graphics built into the CPU are of higher standard than Intel HD

I recently got myself a desktop, with a silly small motherboard, with a AMD A10 5800K CPU, it's 3.8 Quad core with a 4.2 Max Turbo on it, the GPU side is a Radeon HD 7660D

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    the only problem is that the motherboards might not accept the new cpu and graphic video cards that install in it so is there a way to tell what type of cpu and graphic card i can put on the motherboard ????
    If they came in prebuilt computers (like a Dell, HP, Compaq etc), and assuming the original boards weren't replaced at some point look for a model number of some sort on the case itself and search for it on google. You should be able to find out what sort of motherboards they have this way.

When looking for a compatible CPU, generally what you want to look for is the socket type the motherboard supports, and then search for processors with that socket type. You can also try searching "(name of motherboard) compatible cpu list", "(model of pc) cpu upgrade" or something along those lines.

For the video (graphic) card you want to look at what sort of slots the motherboard has. Your motherboards will all have regular PCI slots (unless they're very old), and may have at least one AGP or PCI-E slot (sometimes both, usually not). PCI-E cards are generally better than AGP, and AGP is generally better than plain PCI.

Here's a picture showing the differences in the different slots you can use for video cards; http://i.imgur.com/ADeGcnH.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    2: One more thing witch type is better to play game of today intel or amd (oh and please note that i no two computer tower use intel).
    IME they're more or less on equal ground unless you're going for a really high end gaming PC, in which case you'd be best off with the newest Intel CPUs. Chances are your motherboards aren't going to support anything so new though. When deciding which to use you'll most likely be best off looking up all three motherboards (or computers they came from) and finding out which is the newest. Depending on how new they are you may or may not be able to get them up to speed enough to play something as new as MK Komplete though, really hard to say without more detailed info.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 16th-September-2014 at 05:04. Reason: Edited for clarity.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Oh i forgot to tell you guys something i use a website call "http://www.game-debate.com/" to see witch cpu, graphic card and ram i would need to play all the games i have, that website have a "CAN I RUN" option what it does you put the cpu, graphic card and ram you want to use to play the game you have after you press proceed it will show you a chart of how the game will play with the parts you got in the computer.

I have no idea if any use this website to see what type of parts you would need ??

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The little CPU I mentioned more than enough to play MK Komplete

Back of the box asks for AMD Athlon 2x @ 2.8GHz & AMD Radeon 3850 but are a lot lower spec than the AMD A10 5800K

One of the higher end AMD chips is a good place to start if budget is an issue as you still have the option of upgrading by getting a Higher end ATI Radeon graphics card at a later date

If you can afford to do so though then yeah you can go for an Intel board, CPU and get a nVidia Graphics card (GeForce)

Intel do have higher end CPU's, but these are not just good enough to run game X but are way over powered, I am not aware of any games though that are too high end for an AMD to be able to run, but then again if you want a machine that is more future proof (No such thing mind) then a High end Intel is the way to go with a High end Nvidia Graphics card, not that, that will stop it from becoming out of date for later releases but it should be a good while longer before an upgrade is required, but AMD will update there hardware when needed at a closer date (Not any time soon really if you go for something higher end )

Game dev teams would be using the highest end hardware available though, then optimize there software to make them runnable on as much as possible of the current gen hardware both Intel and AMD/nVidea (GeForce) & ATI (Radeon)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-September-2014 at 17:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I have no idea if any use this website to see what type of parts you would need ??
    Personally I like using this website to see if my computer can run a particular game. What it does is lets you search for the game you're trying to run, then checks your computers specs for you (instead of having to enter them manually) and tells you what parts you should upgrade if any.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Question

Well i manage to get some info on one of the towers i have and the motherboard is super old so i can't use that one (very sad ) but the other one i could not get any info on it yet i have to completly take apart but i did get the socket number on it, it 7 that all i saw the way this is going i think i can't use that one ether .

Oh i want to ask a other question but i have no idea if any of you guy will understand what i mean, sometime i see on youtube a gamer using three screens one to monitor the fans speeds the second one to playing his games and a third one well i am not so sure what that one use for anyway what i want to no is how do use two monitors one to play my games and the other to watch my fans speeds i would like to really no how it is done.

Thanks
    EP Points

You'd need a video card that supports multiple displays, so say two VGA/DVI ports, or maybe one of those and an HDMI port. You'd also need monitors with those sort of inputs of course; most are VGA, especially with older monitors.

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    You'd need a video card that supports multiple displays, so say two VGA/DVI ports, or maybe one of those and an HDMI port. You'd also need monitors with those sort of inputs of course; most are VGA, especially with older monitors.
    Okay the graphic card i going with is "GIGABYTE GV-N650OC-2GI GeForce GTX 650 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card" it has all three supports you mention i only need vga and hdmi but still i need to no how they use the second monitor to keep and eye on there fans speeds do i need a special program or something ?????

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

Okay i have a other question i have no idea if i can post it here anyway what type motherboard would be perfect for gaming i am going with a micro motherboard (because i am on a bugget) but i want to no witch brand of motherboard is perfect for gaming ASUS, GIGABYTE, ASRock, MSI or Biostar ?????