Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: E3 2014

Thanks
    EP Points

Default E3 2014

Yeah so let's have a thread for this instead of cramming it into GG, shall we?

Post your predictions, expectations, reactions and so on.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Ubisoft (I almost expect a Watch Dogs 2 announcement), EA (this is pretty much given), and probably Microsoft since they're on a roll with bad press conferences.

Anyone care to throw out predictions on some stuff we might see? I'll start:
    -MGSV Phantom Pain release date (late 2015) along with the new trailer
    -Info about Last Guardian coming to PS4 at an unspecified time in the next decade
    -Project Beast being revealed as a PS4 exclusive with a new shiny official trailer
    -Shadow of the Beast info
    -New Last of Us PS4 bundle for $400
    -Vita memory card price reduction (wishful thinking)
    -A slew of HD upgrades (GTA5, GT6, Dark Souls 2, etc)
    Other stuff pretty much given would be a new Zelda trailer, some pokemanz junk, more Smash Bros coverage, a slew of sports titles from EA including a new golf game (non Tiger Woods), CoD CoD CoD coverage, Halo coverage and about a million indie titles that no one will give much attention to.

I'm hoping for some general surprises though - I wanna see some new IP's that totally come out of left field, or some old forgotten stuff that is getting a massive reboot. I know that's a lot to ask, but it is E3 and since it's not a console reveal year, I would expect there to be some big surprises to keep momentum flowing - especially with Sony. They clearly nailed it last year, and I hope they've learned their lesson and don't piss away this year.
    I *almost* made a thread, but then I figured we'd get like 2 posts so I said the hell with it. So anyway, here's my previous post to spur a little discussion.

Oh, and I bet there will be a new God of War announced - either a Vita exclusive or big bad console version. I'd bank more on the latter, but the Vita still needs a killer app that isn't a rehash of something already on PS3.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hoping to see some new shit from Nintendo for Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS, from what I also heard Nintendo is announcing the GameCube VC for WiiU, which should boost sales. I mean, if you think about it, the release of the GameCube Controller adapter should be an indication right? I also heard that they're going to announce a brand new Metroid Game, F-Zero game, Star Fox Game, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem as well. They're going to be talking about Pokemon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire. Possibly a new Zelda game for WiiU, Hyrule Warriors North American Release date and even more info, that new 3DS game that they're showing off for 90 minutes, and maybe Pokemon Z (Highly doubt it though.)

Microsoft: No doubt, the biggest thing is going to be Killer Instinct Season 2. They're most likely going to be announcing returning characters like Cinder, Kim-Wu, Riptor, T.J. Combo, The Barbarian dude from KI2 I can't remember, possibly Eyedol and Gargos returning and of course the new character, Aria. And maybe some new never before seen characters as well. And of course..PEEGLLLLEEEEE 3!!!!!!

Not sure what Sony is going to be throwing at us. Possibly The Last Guardian?

And in response to Flava, I think Sony is definitely gonna show off MGS V: The Phantom Pain. Possibly a new God of War as well. One can hope, kinda.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    And in response to Flava, I think Sony is definitely gonna show off MGS V: The Phantom Pain. Possibly a new God of War as well. One can hope, kinda.
    I'm wondering if MS won't try and show PP during their conference, like they did with the trailer last year. Personally I think that's kinda bullshit, since MGS has always been associated with Sony, but even Kojima can be tempted by money

Oh well, at least I know it'll be 1080p on PS4 and only 720 on the bone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't feel like making predictions, but I'll tackle Flave's and see how many I can disagree with.

-MGSV Phantom Pain release date (late 2015) along with the new trailer
    Highly likely. Release date sounds right too, but I wouldn't be shocked to hear it coming out a little earlier.

-Info about Last Guardian coming to PS4 at an unspecified time in the next decade
    Possibly. All they ever seem to release about The Last Guardian is that they're still working on it. I don't think they'll say anything about which system it will be released on.

-Project Beast being revealed as a PS4 exclusive with a new shiny official trailer
    Definitely. I think the "leaked footage" was likely intentional to get people hyped for an announcement soon.

-Shadow of the Beast info
    I have no idea what that is.

-New Last of Us PS4 bundle for $400
    Doubt it. They just jacked up the price in Canada to $450.

-Vita memory card price reduction (wishful thinking)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-A slew of HD upgrades (GTA5, GT6, Dark Souls 2, etc)
    What are some of the classic PS2 games that haven't been upgraded yet? I'm sure there are still lots that could use a treatment, but I know nothing about that generation of games.

Other stuff pretty much given would be a new Zelda trailer, some pokemanz junk, more Smash Bros coverage, a slew of sports titles from EA including a new golf game (non Tiger Woods), CoD CoD CoD coverage, Halo coverage and about a million indie titles that no one will give much attention to.
    I hope they show a new Zelda trailer. I would love it if they announced a Majora's Mask remake for 3DS. Highly likely they'll announce a few new characters in the Smash Bros. roster, or maybe reveal that the level editor is back (likely WiiU only).

Sports titles are huge money makers every year, so of course they'll announce more along that. I've heard they're revamping the engine for NHL 15 on PS4 and XB1, so maybe they'll talk a bit about that, as well as whatever they're doing for the other sports titles for next gen.

CoD Talk is obvious as well.

I'll probably tune into some of the conferences if I'm at home an bored, but I'm not quite as stoked for it as I have been in the past. My vote for Cringiest Conference will probably go to Ubisoft again. I hope they do better than "Girl Wood" last year.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey Drag, Shadow of the Beast is an old Amiga game that was ported to literally every system known to man (even Fm Towns Marty), and is probably most recognizable on the TG16. Anyway, it was a real stunner of a side scroller back in the day with face melting graphics at the time, but the series went dormant back in like 1993. Anyway, Sony released a really cool teaser trailer for a new one last year at E3, and it's supposed to be exclusive and is also 2D, which is what it should be. Anyway, they've not mentioned it once since then, so I'm hoping for it to resurface.

As for your comment about the "leaked footage" of Project Beast, I'm totally with you on that. In fact, I feel like this is the EXACT same tactic they used back when Last Guardian was revealed. A shoddy trailer shows up 2 weeks before E3, with the name Project Trico. Then E3 hits and we get a sexy polished trailer with the real title. Let's just hope PB actually materializes into a game.....

I forgot about Majora's Mask - I'd like to see that get a re-release with some improved graphics. I really enjoyed that game, and it's been too long since I last played it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hey Drag, Shadow of the Beast is an old Amiga game that was ported to literally every system known to man (even Fm Towns Marty), and is probably most recognizable on the TG16. Anyway, it was a real stunner of a side scroller back in the day with face melting graphics at the time, but the series went dormant back in like 1993. Anyway, Sony released a really cool teaser trailer for a new one last year at E3, and it's supposed to be exclusive and is also 2D, which is what it should be. Anyway, they've not mentioned it once since then, so I'm hoping for it to resurface.

As for your comment about the "leaked footage" of Project Beast, I'm totally with you on that. In fact, I feel like this is the EXACT same tactic they used back when Last Guardian was revealed. A shoddy trailer shows up 2 weeks before E3, with the name Project Trico. Then E3 hits and we get a sexy polished trailer with the real title. Let's just hope PB actually materializes into a game.....

I forgot about Majora's Mask - I'd like to see that get a re-release with some improved graphics. I really enjoyed that game, and it's been too long since I last played it.
    I would buy that so fast

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    from what I also heard Nintendo is announcing the GameCube VC for WiiU, which should boost sales.
    Boost? No that's stupid. There's a crapton of Cube capable devices out there for anyone that wanted one before now, so it's almost certain that non-Wii U owners don't care. Everyone that has a Wii U now most likely already had a Gamecube, and certainly had a Wii. Throwing Gamecube on the Wii U is just Nintendo milking their die hards, who happen to be stupid enough to repurchase stuff again and again.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Shadow of the Beast is an old Amiga game that was ported to literally every system known to man (even Fm Towns Marty), and is probably most recognizable on the TG16. Anyway, it was a real stunner of a side scroller back in the day with face melting graphics at the time, but the series went dormant back in like 1993. Anyway, Sony released a really cool teaser trailer for a new one last year at E3, and it's supposed to be exclusive and is also 2D, which is what it should be. Anyway, they've not mentioned it once since then, so I'm hoping for it to resurface.
    Damn, I'll keep my eyes open for that. Sounds like my kind of game. Just looked up the trailer and it looks pretty sweet so far.

Thanks
    EP Points

Love to see Project Beasts (by From Software) Costume Quest 2, Persona 5, and more info about GOG Galaxy. Sucks I'm missing E3 this year due to surgery July 10

Thanks
    EP Points

>E3

>relatively high possibility of more footage of Xenoblade sequel / spiritual successor

Body = ready.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

wants moar Uncharted. Much moar.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    >E3

>relatively high possibility of more footage of Xenoblade sequel / spiritual successor

Body = ready.
    Ohh, I completely forgot about that game. much yes, such want.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    wants moar Uncharted. Much moar.
    Well yeah of course But won't that be PS4?

Spoiler warning: