Thread: Problem with EPSXE crashing all the time, please help.

Thanks

Default Problem with EPSXE crashing all the time, please help.

So i downloaded epsxe 190 i followed several tutorials and guides. For some reason it keeps crashing whenever i try to run an ISO. So i cant get it to work. Im using windows 7 x64. this is from event viewer dont know if its helpful. Please if someone knows how to fix it reply cause i have tried everything so far and i tried several iso games but none of them worked for me. Would appreciate some help here im stuck. Also this is my first post in a forum, so if im in the wrong section im sorry.

''Faulting application name: ePSXe.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51f2f1b3
    Faulting module name: atioglxx.dll, version: 6.14.10.9236, time stamp: 0x4b2aa66c
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000b212
    Faulting process id: 0x1608
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf812128dafde6
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\ePSXe190\ePSXe.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\atioglxx.dll
    Report Id: 695e69c3-ed14-11e3-9b4c-485b3903e3a9''

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you tried downloading ePSXe v190 from the PSX Datacenter and trying to configure it like it is on the emulation guide?
    You can download it from the downloads part here:
    http://psxdatacenter.com

Remember that you have to provide the bios yourself.

The guide is in the emulation section.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's a graphics card driver error that uses OpenGL or OpenGL 2

You can try and replace that DLL or look for the official graphics driver update for your chipset/graphics card [The later is a better option]

For now you can try using the soft plugin or D3D instead of OpenGL/OpenGL 2 for now but recommend that you try updating the Graphics drivers first, if you are using XP then also update Direct X

If updating the drivers alone does not help copy the dll from the location in the error to a safe place as a backup

download the dll from a google search (you want an older version if you can find one), first try that directly in the ePSXe folder before replacing the other copy of the dll in the system fiolder, but if that does not work alone then replace the one in the system folder, just make sure you back that up first.

from what I have read with crashes in other software it's the newer ati/amd drivers that are the issue, older ones seem to be ok

EDIT:

Look at Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. for a better answer

The answer is for DooM3 BFG Edition

I would still try with the latest update as they may of fixed the issue by now, but if not just follow the second lot of advice in the site in the code box
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-June-2014 at 14:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So today i've fixed the error and i got finally to run a game so happy it was running so smothly without errors. I ran : Spyro - Year of the Dragon (E) [SCES-02835], everything was fine, until i finished the first level, run through the portal at the end of the level and the game freezes and closes everythime without an error just like that. So i searched it there's nothing on google similar to that i dont know if its the emulator or the iso O.o . And thanks for the help ive figured out it was my Graphics card driver after all .
    Last edited by BlackheartBfmv; 6th-June-2014 at 21:52.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That game has Libcrypt protection so you need the sbi file setup to the CD Plugin

Most the sbi files can be found in http://www.emuparadise.org/PSX/cues%20and%20sbis.zip

the rest you can find at http://redump.org/ in each games detailed info page, just for the games that need sbi's to bypass protection and have sbi's dumped

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

So i paste the .cue and .sbi files in the same folder as the game or in the ''patches'' folder or it doesnt matter ? Im so sorry if im being dumb i dont know how to use this program i just started using it. And thank you so much for all of your help so far .

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You config the CD Plugin like I said

I don't currently have my HDD with ePSXe on it hooked up so can't give exacts but look the the CD-plugin config, on the lower part there should be some sub data reading options, change those so it loads an sbi file and set the sbi from there

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I've fixed it thank you so much for the help!!! .

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A pleasure just glad you got there in the end .

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]