Thread: PSX ISOs extracted with UnpakkISO not working in ePSXe

Thanks

Default PSX ISOs extracted with UnpakkISO not working in ePSXe

I've had this problem previously with several ISOs that used .ecm and .ape compression. Usually I'd just go somewhere else to download a "normal" iso, but in this case I can't seem to find any.

This time I've downloaded Lunatic Dawn Odyssey, which comes with one track in .ecm and the other in .ape. I've run the folder through unpakkISO, and it creates two .bin files out of them, but when I try to run the game in ePSXe, the emulator just hangs (the window is never refreshed).

I tried both running the ISO directly from ePSXe or mounting it as a virtual CD in Demon Tools, and followed the compatibility instructions here: ks23364.kimsufi.com/psxdata/databasepsx/games/J/L/SLPS-02420.html, but nothing helps. As stated, I remember having this problem every time I try to use an ISO with .ecm and .ape files, so it seems to have something to do with unpakkiso not working properly for me (Windows 7 64-bit). Any suggestions what to do?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Read my guide over at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757

Download the cue's & sbi's file from there first (You will also want ISObuster if you do not already have it)

Then scroll down to the bit that says Cue Missing and read from there
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-May-2014 at 04:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, but that archive doesn't contain any files for this game, and the ISO is not missing the .cue file to begin with, so I'm not sure how this can help...

Sorry about the double post, but the Edit Post button currently doesn't seem to work in my browser. So it looks like I should skip ahead that step about the .cue and go right to the ISOBuster thing? I'll try that...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-June-2014 at 18:26.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have fun

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Alright, that works. Thanks!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yup ePSXe can't handle multi bin+cue images so you just need to convert those to a single bin+cue image.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]