Thread: Black screen when trying to run the game via cd-rom

Thanks

Default Black screen when trying to run the game via cd-rom

So i have a bit of an issue running games on EPSXE 1.7.0. I played Lunar several moths back and it worked perfectly-was running CDROM not ISO. Then i moved the entire emulator folder to my external hard drive and now i moved it to my desktop. I made sure to input the new address in the BIOS setup and the BIOS works.

So like i said, i'm using the 1.7.0. version, with the default CDROM plugin-same as before. I mount the CCD on daemon tools, specify the drive the emulator should read from (F in my case), run CD ROM, and i get a black screen. So i figured, ok Daemon tools need reinstalling again. I downloaded the latest version of DT Lite, keeping in mind to check the SPTD when installing. After choosing the free license, i noticed the SPTD option was already checked and greyed out (saying "SPTD 1.83(already installed)"). And i checked every file type available. And i still get the black screen. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by copra; 28th-May-2014 at 16:42.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Run the CD image directly via the cue file via Run ISO

You might want to update ePSXe to 1.9.0 &/or the shark enhanced version of 1.8.0, just a few fixes ect plus the bug with CDDA not working from Run ISO was fixed if that is why you are using Run CD-Rom still

Mounting in daemon Tools Lite would also need to be done via a descriptor file like a cue to work correctly also

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I downloaded the NTSC-U version of Star Ocean and it came with CCD Disc Image and a SUB file, no .cue.

I am using run CD ROM instead of run ISO because 1.7.0 has issues with switching discs when run through ISO. I don't know what that bug you are referring to is, but if i can switch discs while running ISOs without problems on 1.9.0, then i'll get that version. And is there a post here for 1.9.0 with all download links for plugins, how to set up the plugins etc?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ccd is a desciptor file it works the same as a cue

actually it was the CD changing bug that I intended to say just was thinking of something else at the same time, that's my mistake :/

anyway that no longer exists in 1.8.0 and up over

plugins you can use the same as what you have no infact you can have all versions of ePSXe running from the same folder (the exe needs to be renamed to do so) and all versions 1.7.0 to 1.9.0 will share the settings memcards and plugins

1.6.0 and under use different setups though but can still share plugins, memcards and bios
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-May-2014 at 18:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

So..i can switch discs while using run ISO instead of CD ROM? No more Daemon tools? No more shenanigans? You sir, have just made my day/week/month!
    Once again Zorlon, thank you very much!!