Thread: Downloaded games not recognized as ISOs

Thanks

Default Downloaded games not recognized as ISOs

So I am using PPSSPP since I heard it is one of the better emulators out there, and I wanted to play Crisis Core on it. However every version of the game I download isn't recognized as an ISO and I can't run it. It's in .rar format and while I have unpacked it using winrar, it just gives me a vanilla file with compressed files in it.

I have tried running both the compressed and uncompressed versions to no avail. I don't know what I am doing wrong or if I am looking in the wrong place.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

What do you mean by:
    unpacked it using winrar, it just gives me a vanilla file with compressed files in it

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty much sure he mean by an 'original' file, but dunno what kind of file he meant(or which), the WinRAR? .ISO? .CSO?

and to OP, it seems you haven't extracted the .ISO file from the WinRAR itself(though I'm not sure what you mean by compressed or uncompressed),
    if yes, just extract it and if unsure how to do it, refer the following guide: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-to-Handle-The

but, if you're still at lost, please provide a screenshot of the game you've downloaded, along with its contents here.
    vc3 released.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Use 7zip, and don't have archive programs associated with image files.

Spoiler warning:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If its off of the main site its a Scene release, just extract the split archive and open the first part and extract the iso.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gobby View Post
    If its off of the main site its a Scene release, just extract the split archive and open the first part and extract the iso.
    Sorry for the confusion and I appreciate the help. By vanilla file, I meant folder. It just gave me a regular folder with .rar files in it. It threw me off because I never seen a file that came in parts without a number attached to them like .001 or so. I just thought the files within the folder I extracted were the games assets.

But I got it working in the end. Thanks Gobby and the rest of you.