Thread: Dolphin 4.0.2 audio lag with every game (about 0.25 seconds behind video)

Thanks

Default Dolphin 4.0.2 audio lag with every game (about 0.25 seconds behind video)

In the latest Dolphin, I get roughly 0.25 seconds of sound lag. I know it sounds petty, but in practice, it makes most games unplayable. However, I downloaded Dolphin 3.0 and it doesn't have the audio lag problem (using default settings). I've tried literally every combination of Audio settings in 4.0.2 but I can only make the audio lag worse, not better.

I would like to use 4.0.2 because it has some bug fixes for certain games, but the audio lag makes games unplayable. Anyway to fix this problem on 4.0.2?

Thanks
    EP Points

That was one of the changes made on the latest release, especially in the sound emulation(to fix few related issues happen on most of the game+accuracy+stability and other mumbo jumbos),

So basically any new releases would require you to run the game at full speed in order to produce good sound quality, otherwise lag/stutter will happen most of the time.

Refer to the performance guide below for some speed boost when running the emulator:
    https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/performance-guide/
    vc3 released.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    That was one of the changes made on the latest release, especially in the sound emulation(to fix few related issues happen on most of the game+accuracy+stability and other mumbo jumbos),

So basically any new releases would require you to run the game at full speed in order to produce good sound quality, otherwise lag/stutter will happen most of the time.

Refer to the performance guide below for some speed boost when running the emulator:
    https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/performance-guide/
    I tried the suggestions, and I'm still getting approximately 0.3 second sound lag on 4.0.2, even when I have the graphics settings at the absolute lowest (in fact, whether I have max settings or not has no effect on the sound lag, it's at a constant ~0.3 seconds).

Whereas when I play with Dolphin 3.0, the sound lag is essentially nonexistent, and it's as if I'm playing the original game on my GameCube on a CRT monitor.

I have an i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz, and a GTX 660, so I think it's the emulator itself and not a lack of power on my end.

Any other suggestions? Or am I just gonna have to play on the inferior emulator until they can sort out the sound issue?

Thanks
    EP Points

1. which game/games is this present in?

2. which audio backend are you using (DSound, XAudio2, OpenAL)

2A. are you using LLE or HLE (if LLE, are you running it on a separate thread and have the files been dumped from your own Wii)

3. Are you using the most up to date development build (currently 4.0-1711)? The "main" downloads (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2) they have are usually quite out-of-date compared to whatever's in the dev builds.

Frankly, I don't notice anything off at all on 4.0-1707 using LLE (on its own thread) on the XAudio2 backend (aside from StarFox Adventures, but that has issues of its own).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TehGuyz View Post
    1. which game/games is this present in?

2. which audio backend are you using (DSound, XAudio2, OpenAL)

2A. are you using LLE or HLE (if LLE, are you running it on a separate thread and have the files been dumped from your own Wii)

3. Are you using the most up to date development build (currently 4.0-1711)? The "main" downloads (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2) they have are usually quite out-of-date compared to whatever's in the dev builds.

Frankly, I don't notice anything off at all on 4.0-1707 using LLE (on its own thread) on the XAudio2 backend (aside from StarFox Adventures, but that has issues of its own).
    Your settings and Dolphin build in the last line worked for me. Thanks so much!