Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sega Dreamcast. Using ISO's to play on my Dreamcast.

Thanks

Exclamation Sega Dreamcast. Using ISO's to play on my Dreamcast.

I am very new to this forum site so sorry If I have put this in the wrong location.

I just got my Sega Dreamcast and I made a Utopia disk that worked the first time. However, I am trying to play D2 and I had downloaded an Image from this link http://www.emuparadise.me/Sega_Dreamcast_ISOs/D2/32

However, I tried to burn it and the disk would not even seem to read. Please could someone help me so I can get it to work? Thank you very much, your help is appricated!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Utopia is not something you need unless you have an old disc image of a game that was not made into a Mil-CD aka selfboot

What you downloaded is a 99min CD-R rip so you require 5 99min CD-R's for this game and you must burn via Nero Burning Rom (possibly only via an older version) to burn it correctly or you can use my cdi converted copy that can be burned with either DiscJuggler or ImgBurn, it's the same rip though so you still require 99min CD-R's to be able to burn and play it

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Utopia is not something you need unless you have an old disc image of a game that was not made into a Mil-CD aka selfboot

What you downloaded is a 99min CD-R rip so you require 5 99min CD-R's for this game and you must burn via Nero Burning Rom (possibly only via an older version) to burn it correctly or you can use my cdi converted copy that can be burned with either DiscJuggler or ImgBurn, it's the same rip though so you still require 99min CD-R's to be able to burn and play it

Thank you for the reply! So if I use NERO ROM, what how can I get that cdi converter for D2? Many thanks!

Thanks

Default D2 .cdi version?

Infact, would it be possible if I could have the .cdi version of D2? That would be great! Thank you very much for the help, If you can, could you guide me through what I must do? Sorry to be a bother, I would love to learn for myself in the future.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...HYKAN-(Nrg2Cdi)

if the links are dead let me know I can re-upload it easy enough

p.s. if you check out the master list in that section I uploaded a few other games including one other nrg to cdi convert of skies of arcadia another 99min cd game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-May-2014 at 04:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you very much for the links! However, they are not working, the websites are telling me the file was not found. Any other site I can get it from?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Like I said I have no issues re-uploading it and no I'm the on;ly one that converted them to be burnable via DiscJuggler or ImgBurn, though I recommend the latter, if you have never burned Dreamcast games with ImgBurn see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?81186 for instructions so it burns correctly

If you don't know where to get 99min media from try the online store listed at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?84694 if you know of others let me know I can add them to to good place to buy list as 99min CD's are not that easy to find, not quality ones anyway

Re-uploading it now, shouldn't take too long providing it uploads without error.

Also note that the main mirror may still be active if you use something like Jdownloader 2 to download with

As you can see from the screen grab all the main hosted files are still alive but every mirror is dead (all 22 listed mirrors) but all 5 files on multiupload.nl are alive and active, but I am re-uploading it anyway
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-May-2014 at 07:34.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Like I said I have no issues re-uploading it and no I'm the on;ly one that converted them to be burnable via DiscJuggler or ImgBurn, though I recommend the latter, if you have never burned Dreamcast games with ImgBurn see http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?81186 for instructions so it burns correctly

If you don't know where to get 99min media from try the online store listed at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?84694 if you know of others let me know I can add them to to good place to buy list as 99min CD's are not that easy to find, not quality ones anyway

Re-uploading it now, shouldn't take too long providing it uploads without error.

Also note that the main mirror may still be active if you use something like Jdownloader 2 to download with

As you can see from the screen grab all the main hosted files are still alive but every mirror is dead (all 22 listed mirrors) but all 5 files on multiupload.nl are alive and active, but I am re-uploading it anyway
    I really appreciate what you are doing! Thank you so much! Would you be able to post the new links here? Thank you so much!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I just finished uploading they are in the thread you said the links are dead I just replaced the download links with the new ones

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I have downloaded disk 1 of D! I managed to burn the image the disk. However, I used Uptopia since it would not boot up but it still won't start What do I need to change in DiskJuggler so it works with my Dreamcast?

Thanks

Default D2 Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Payrol View Post
    I have downloaded disk 1 of D! I managed to burn the image the disk. However, I used Uptopia since it would not boot up but it still won't start What do I need to change in DiskJuggler so it works with my Dreamcast?
    Okay, to save you a lot of time, here is what I am doing but I know I am going wrong somewhere. Now, I know that D2 is an NTSC game, I am on a PAL Console now my television I believe can play NTSC games but what I have been through 4 disks alone trying to get the game to boot with uptopia but now I know I am really doing something wrong.

How can I make the Game run? I also noticed that disk 1 was 309MB but the Disk is only showing a total of 65.3MB.

What's going wrong here?

Thank for all the help! I appreciate it a lot!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't use Utopia it is not needed boot the disc up directly from your 99min CD-R that you burned the disc image onto

As it happens my Dreamcast is also PAL and no selfbooting games require Utopia the only time you need utopia is if you get some of the older rips provided as Bin+Cue images, in general all cdi images are self booting aka MIL-CD

I kinda already mentioned that also read the burning guide I linked up and make sure you have followed that

On a side note these disc images can not be burned onto standard CD-R's that are usually 80min CD-R's (700MB) you need to be using 99min CD-R's (870MB)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Don't use Utopia it is not needed boot the disc up directly from your 99min CD-R that you burned the disc image onto

As it happens my Dreamcast is also PAL and no selfbooting games require Utopia the only time you need utopia is if you get some of the older rips provided as Bin+Cue images, in general all cdi images are self booting aka MIL-CD

I kinda already mentioned that also read the burning guide I linked up and make sure you have followed that

On a side note these disc images can not be burned onto standard CD-R's that are usually 80min CD-R's (700MB) you need to be using 99min CD-R's (870MB)
    What I will do is get myself some CD-R with 870MB but at the end of the day, I might just buy D2. I'm not good with burning disks and it might be easier to just buy the game but it is still worth a try! Thank for your help, I will keep trying!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you can get your hands on D2 though it will not be cheap it's a very sort after game and exclusive to the Dreamcast

The Dreamcast is region protected also and D2 was only released in the US and Japan both NTSC that a PAL Dreamcast can not boot on it's own, you might be able to boot the original up through Codebreaker for the Dreamcast, can be a burned copy.

Yeah these can not be burned onto standard 80min CD-R's even with overburn enabled (overburn is needed for 99min CD's anyway) it will not work from 80min CD-R's at all it will just not boot

The burning process is very very easy but it does help if you use quality media, this game is not a good one to start trying with though to be honest, you are better off starting with 80min rips, I have a few up of my own creation, most games are ripped for 80min CD-R, but some will have some of the files/CDDA either ripped or re sampled to make the game fit a standard CD

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

If you can get your hands on D2 though it will not be cheap it's a very sort after game and exclusive to the Dreamcast

The Dreamcast is region protected also and D2 was only released in the US and Japan both NTSC that a PAL Dreamcast can not boot on it's own, you might be able to boot the original up through Codebreaker for the Dreamcast, can be a burned copy.

Yeah these can not be burned onto standard 80min CD-R's even with overburn enabled (overburn is needed for 99min CD's anyway) it will not work from 80min CD-R's at all it will just not boot

The burning process is very very easy but it does help if you use quality media, this game is not a good one to start trying with though to be honest, you are better off starting with 80min rips, I have a few up of my own creation, most games are ripped for 80min CD-R, but some will have some of the files/CDDA either ripped or re sampled to make the game fit a standard CD
    Update: I managed to get Tomb Raider Chronicles to work! Booted it's self up so I guess for D2, I need the 870MB. Now if I follow the instruction for burning, will it work? And will I need to use Overburn with the 870MB CD -R ? Thanks for the help!